I hope every one's weekend has been going good so far. As for myself, so far so good. I accomplished more than anticipated, which feels good. I thought it would be nice to do a weekly inspiration/motivation post. Hopefully, I can stick with this new regiment. I can barely keep up with my hauls and reviews already.
I've decided that this year, I'm going to get out of this rut. Anyone else out there feel this way, or is it just me?
Here is pretty much how my typical routine is:
- Full time work Monday through Friday
- Occasionally run errands or do some shopping after work. I think I do this more than needed and this is turning into an expensive activity.
- Cook. For those of you who loves cooking can you please tell me how? I just don't find any enjoyment in it.
- Help my youngest with homework when needed.
- Work on my blog, reviews, and posts. That also includes taking a ton of pictures and editing them, and testing products. This blog has done a pretty good job at keeping me busy and keeping my mind off of things.
- Spam comments on Luuux so I can earn my points. This is very tedious and a lot of bitch work, excuse my French, but anyone who is on it knows what I mean.
- Sleep. I'm a bit of an insomniac and I get an average of 5 hours of sleep on the week days.
- One thing I've added to my boring routine since last September is exercise. I'm happy to say that I've been pretty consistent with it.
In order to get out of this rut, it starts with your mind set. I had to rethink of the ways I used to think and here are some of the issues I've identified.
- Stop making excuses. I think that everyone can relate to that. We all have an excuse for the things that we do or don't do. Identify what your concerns are and find a resolution for them instead of letting the excuse hold you back. One of my main excuse is money. I always think that having fun involves money and perhaps it does depending on what it is but I'm pretty sure that if I do my research, there has got to be some affordable ways to have a good time.
- Take small steps. You don't have to completely change your routine but set a goal and start with the changes you think you can handle. I think I need to make myself a list so I can track my progress.
- Don't wait for others. That's a tough one. I'd prefer to share the experience with someone. I'm gonna try not to hold back anymore, even if that means doing it alone. I'd like to thank a new friend for the advice.
- Confidence. Mine always bounces up and down. Truth is I don't get easily hurt or offended by others but I am my biggest critic. I try not to be too harsh with myself, which is something I have a tendency to do.
Any advice or suggestions you have to get out of a rut?
PS: I did some changes on my page. I added a message board on the right panel so anyone can drop me a quick message if they wanted to. I changed the width of my page and going forward, I'm going to post larger pictures. I finally figured how to add additional links to my other posts, lol.
**Picture taken from http://www.lonelyidea.com/**
Luuux Shared Link