A week ago, I picked up these new eyeliners from NYX. They were BOGO 50% at Ulta. I just received a coupon for 20% off and I wish I had it before I went shopping.
- Packaging is practical and standard but I really like the fact that they color coded the packaging with a color band in the middle of the tube and on top of the cap. Definitely a bonus in my book so whichever way you store it, you can see what color you're grabbing.
- The applicator is a thin brush, which I find pretty similar to the Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof liquid eyeliners. It's just slightly longer by a hair. It provides a firm yet flexible and precise application.
- .10 oz or 3 g
Swatches from left to right
- Glam Azure - medium shimmery sky blue
- Glam Golden - dark brown with gold shimmers
- Glam Lagoon - shimmery teal green
- Glam 24 Karat - shimmery bright yellow gold
- The formula is a bit thin and watery but still hold a decent pigmentation on the first pass. However, the first pass applies a bit unevenly so you would need a second pass to even it out.
- The formula take a bit longer to set so try not to accidentally get it over your eyes when you blink or look up.
- I found the brush applicator fairly good and precise. It's got just the right amount of firmness and flexibility.
- I don't know what it is is but it mildly tingles my skin for like a minute or two after I applied it. It's not painful but annoys me a bit though I don't see any alarming redness or irritation.
- They are quite long-wearing and do not budge for up to 6 hours. After that I do notice minor fading.
- These claims to be waterproof and I think that's partially true. Once it sets, if it touches water, it will stay intact, as long as you don't rub it. But even if you rub your skin, it will take some pressure until it comes off.
- The blue and green shade stains a bit.
These liners are highly shimmery, so depending on your preference you might or might not like that aspect. NYX as a nice range of colors to choose from to tickle your fancy so if colored liners are your thing, you might want to check these out. They are long-wearing, somewhat waterproof, and pretty affordable.
They are probably not your every day eyeliner but for fun and a pop of color, these will do the job nicely.
My rating: 9/10.
What are your favorite colored liners?