I was stupid for letting this one go. Initially, it came out as a limited edition shade and I kept saying to myself that I don't need it but after it sold out and seeing all the gorgeous swatches and how bold and beautiful it looked on others, I was so envious!
Fortunately MAC (or it is fate?) brought it back and decided to make it permanent and I snatched it up as soon as it became available again.
- the standard MAC black lipstick tube
- .1 oz or 3 g
- Heroine is a medium magenta purple with a matte finish. I was actually surprised at how much brighter it was on my lips because it looked dark in the tube.
- In spite of being a matte finish, it is creamy enough to apply without tugging and actually feels comfortable. It's not very hydrating but it's not drying either. It packs a punch in pigmentation and can deliver full and even coverage.
- I found that the color also stains. It wears strong for a straight 5 hours and then slowly fade but the staining power last for few more hours.
- It has the signature vanilla scent that all MAC lipstick has.
If you love bold purple, if you love matte, if you want a long-lasting color, if you love MAC...You already know you need this shade unless you already own it. Luckily, it has been added to the permanent line so there's no need to fear that it would disappear anytime soon but don't wait too long if you wanna be a cool kid. It's on trend with the vibrant orchid color of the year.
Availability: MAC Cosmetics