Hey yall...I'm very tired at the moment. My sleep pattern has been out of wack these past couple days but fortunately, I have this review ready for you before I pass out.
- Made of sturdy plastic with colorful clouds/smoke design that suit the colorful theme of this palette
- 10 eyeshadow pans, .04 oz or 1.2 g each. They are about the size of a quarter.
- wide mirror
- 2 sided eyeshadow brush with synthetic bristles. One side is ideal for applying eyeshadow on the lid and the other is ideal for lining the eyeshadow. I'm actually liking this brush.
- There is a warning that Slowburn, Savage, Jilted, and Urban are not for use around the eye. I personally didn't get any allergic reaction when I used them on the eye area but still a little bummed that Urban Decay would put out a gorgeous palette like this and have half of the colors with such a warning.
- Scroll down to the swatches for the description of each shade.
- Most of the shades have a pretty good pigmentation and are easy to work with. The texture and finish vary a bit between shades but most of them feel velvety and smooth.
- You can use a few of them together to create fun and bold makeup looks or use a wash of color for something more simple.
- It's hard to pick a favorite shade because they are so beautiful in their own way but I'm super excited to have Chaos on hand. It's a truly stunning royal matte blue. My least favorite shade is Revolt since it's less pigmented and very frosty. I wished it looked more like liquid metal.
- They last all day with a primer.
Overall, this is one of the best colorful eyeshadow palette I have in my collection. I love the bright packaging, large mirror, and handy dandy brush. Although I wouldn't call this a compact palette, it's a fairly good size and not too bulky. The quality of the eyeshadows are excellent. If you have sensitive skin you may experience an allergic reaction to some of the shades that they don't recommend to use on the eye area but I didn't have any issues with them personally. If you love to play with bright and bold colors, I would highly recommend this palette.
Availability: Urban Decay, Sephora, Ulta
Revolt - shimmery light silvery. It's no doubt my least favorite shade of the palette. It's more of a frosty finish so the pigmentation is less intense. You can make it more intense by applying it wet though.
Gonzo - cerulean blue with slight shimmers
Slowburn - slight shimmery bright medium orange with red undertone
Savage - matte neon pink
Fringe - shimmery teal
Chaos - matte royal blue. One of the most stunning blue eyeshadow I've seen.
Jilted - fuchsia with blue shimmers
Urban - shimmery purple with blue shimmers
Freak - light warm toned shimmery green
Thrash - medium chartreuse with slight shimmers
Lastly, you probably remember these makeup looks if you have been following me for a while. Click on the link to view more pictures and detail of product used.