I've been on a movie watching kick lately. Kind of my way to unwind after a long hard day. I find myself KO halfway through the movie and crawling back into my bed at 3 am. That's my life update so far.
I know I'm super behind on reviews so I'm going to try really hard to kick my butt back into blogging groove.
- The packaging is nothing new and looks like one of their other lipglosses. The only difference is the formula. I like the clear tube so you can see the color inside.
- It comes with a teardrop shape applicator with a hole at the center. I find that this applicator picks up quite a bit of product so you won't need to double dip for more. The pointed tip helps with a more precise application.
- .21 oz or 6.3 ml
- Blushing Ambition is a medium cool tone pink with almost full coverage.
- Aphrodite Kiss is a bright berry pink with full coverage. Careful with this one cause it can get on your teeth.
- Overall the pigmentation is good but between these two, Aphrodite Kiss was definitely more opaque on the first layer.
- When I first applied them, they had a bit of sheen to them, which makes them look like a cream finish but after a few minutes, they do dry down to a matte finish but doesn't really set. If you blot your lips, you can still remove some of the product.
- Both applied smoothly and feels light-weight. I didn't find them hydrating or drying and they leave a stain behind.
- They last about 3 hours before signs of fading. They do fade quite unevenly and if you are drinking or eating, you'll notice that the lip color is going to look very blotchy.
- They have a faint cupcake scent that fades quickly.
I'm on the fence with this product. I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I like the lightweight and comfortable feel, the matte formula, the packaging, the pigmentation. What I dislike is the fact that it wears off easily, especially if you are drinking and eating, and how blotchy it looks afterward. Definitely needs reapplication to even out.
Availability: Walgreens, Target, Ulta
Have you tried these? Do you like them?