I hope you are excited to see this post. I know I was super duper excited when I saw the launch of this new lipstick. There are 22 shades available but since I can't justify getting them all I took advantage of Ulta's BOGO sale to grab at least the ones that peaked my interest.
- As you can see, the tube is long and slim with a clear cap which allows you to see the color inside.
- .09 oz or 2.5 g
- Please read below for the description of each shade.
- The formula is pretty much the same across the board. It's nice and creamy, not too slippery. It's quite pigmented but you still need a couple swipe in order to build up the intensity and even out the coverage. They all have a cream finish with a nice shine to them so your lips look plump and juicy.
- They did a good job at evening out dry areas on my lips without accentuating them.
- They feel very comfortable and are somewhat hydrating for the first couple hours.
- They last up to 5 hours before showing signs of fading. The darker shades will leave behind a long-wearing stain as well.
- They have a subtle sweet marshmallowish scent to them. I didn't find it offensive and it fades fairly quickly.
I believe most people will like this new lipstick line and I think NYX did a pretty good job with the formula. It is long-wearing, creamy, pigmented, and comfortable. The packaging is pretty plain and basic, nothing to rave there. There is a good variety of shades and you will surely find at least one or two shades that will appeal to you. My favorite here are Wine & Dine and Feline.
Availability: Ulta, NYX Cosmetics
Wine & Dine - medium dark berry red. This one is gorgeous! If you find red lipstick intimidating, try this one! I think this one will look fabulous on every skin tone.
Flutter Kiss - this is a lovely medium rosy nude. I would call it the perfect nude because it doesn't make you look pale or tired.
Twisted - medium purple with more blue undertone. I hate how it leaves a really bright pink stain behind but other than that, it's a really fun color. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but if you like wild colors, you'll like this one.
Dirty Talk - medium dark warm brown. When I swatched it on my hand I was like ehhh I dunno if I can rock this shade but when I tried it on my lips, I think I can pull it off.
Feline - medium dark reddish brown. Can look classy or vampy, depending on how you wear the makeup.
Playdate - medium purple lavender. I like it but don't love it. It's not a color I'd wear often. It needs to be paired with the right makeup look in order for it to look really good, in my opinion.