I had the opportunity to redeem my beauty insider points from Sephora for this new Marc Jacobs Gel Liner pencil, which I am excited about. So far my overall, impression of the makeup from the brand seem very classy and luxurious but the price point makes me a little hesitant, especially with all the competitive prices and products available out there.
- I have a deluxe sample but it seems to replicate the original packaging. It is retractable and the full size version comes with a built-in sharpener.
- The pigmentation is pretty good. Blacquer is very dark and black.
- The gel glides easily on the skin without pulling or tugging. It sets fairly quickly so if you need to smudge it, you would have to act quickly.
- I have difficulty getting a thin line out of it but for a thicker liner look, this would be perfect.
- I am also happy to report that the longevity is excellent. It doesn't smudge or smear and stay put all day until I take it off. I do notice a small amount of transfer when I use it for tight lining but then again, I have that issue with pretty much all the liners that I use for tight lining. When used as a normal liner, I really have no issue.
- Requires water-proof makeup remover
Awesome pigmentation with smooth and long lasting formula. Perfect for creating a dark, intense, and bold liner. I don't think I would shed the money for it but aside from that, this liner is almost perfect.
Price: $25.00 (full size)