I picked up this gloss from CVS a couple weeks ago. It is from Maybelline Limited Edition collection for fall 2013. It is without a doubt the first product that caught my eyes. How often do you see a dark purple lipgloss like so at the drugstore? Definitely rare so I jumped on it the moment I spotted it. I am typically attracted to unusual and non-traditional makeup colors and this one fits the bill.
- the packaging is simple, a clear tube with a silver colored cap and a doe foot applicator. I like the fact that the tube is a rectangular shape, that way it won't roll out easily when placed on a flat surface.
- .17 oz or 5 ml.
- Purple Royale looks like a deep purple with a blue undertone in the tube. Almost too bold for a typical consumer. It has no shimmers. However, the finish is semi-transparent so it doesn't look as intense as it does in the tube. In fact, that sheerness allows your natural lip color to come into play or whatever other color you are wearing underneath.
- It's hard to get an even application and it loves to settle into my lip lines. So my advice would be to either blot it and wear it light and sheer or layer it over another lip color.
- The consistency of the gloss is not too thick or too thin and definitely not sticky. It's fairly hydrating and very comfortable on the lips. It is also quite shiny as the name indicate.
- I get about 2-3 hours of wear with this shade.
- It has an artificial fruity scent to it but no weird taste. Don't really like it but scent doesn't bother me too much and fades quickly.
Longevity is pretty average for a lipgloss but the formula is hydrating and comfortable. The color is definitely fall-ish and different from the traditional colors you'll come across. Purple Royale isn't as bold as it appears in the tube but has the potential to be when layered over other lip colors. This makes it very versatile. My only grip is the uneven application and the fact that it makes my lip lines look more obvious. I am however in love with the color and I especially love to use it for layering. If this sounds like something you might like, you need to snag this before it's gone. It is limited edition.
I haven't been paying visit to Walgreens lately but I would assume that they should also carry the new Maybelline Fall Collection.
What do you think of this shade? Check out the lip combo and let me know which one you like best.
|Purple Royale on its own|
|Purple Royale on its own|
|Purple Royal blotted|
|Purple Royale over Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick F.T.W|
|Purple Royal over MAC Mattene lipstick Night Violet|
|Purple Royale over MAC Prolongwear Lipcreme Seasoned Plum|
|Purple Royale over NYX Matte Lipstick Sweet Pink|