I'm back from vacation and I apologize for the lack of posts lately. I've been on a roller coaster between my personal life and work. I guess I can admit, I've lost my motivation and needed the break. The vacation was relaxing but I'm already longing for another vacation. Perhaps, I'll treat myself to a spa. I could use a facial and massage. I love to spoil myself when I'm feeling a little down.
I already posted a preview of these new NYX Matte lipsticks a couple weeks ago so feel free to check it out if you haven't already. I purchased them for $4.99 from Cherryculture.com.
- They are slightly longer than the average lipstick
- In the center of the lipstick, you get a clear view of the actual color. I personally would prefer the colorview on the end or top of the lipstick because I like to store them vertically.
- The case is matte black, lightweight, and looks and feels cheap.
- Net weight is .16 oz or 4.5 g
- I typically don't wear a lot of matte but I actually really like these because they are pigmented, creamy, and apply smoothly.
- Matte lipsticks have a tendency to be drying; however, I didn't find these to be either drying or moisturizing although my lips felt comfortable for the most part.
- They have a muted fruity scent, which I don't mind.
- They last on average about 3 hours on my lips. Although they will fade quicker through a meal, some of the lipcolor will remain so you'll still be left with stained lips.
- They will emphasize dry lips if you don't exfoliate and prep them prior to applying the lipstick.
Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this lipstick as far as the formula goes. This is definitely matte although you may notice a slight sheen at first due to the creaminess of the product but once it sets, it looks like a true matte. It wears for a pretty decent amount of time. Doesn't feel drying. You'll need to exfoliate and prep your lips prior to application so that it doesn't accentuate any dry flaky skin you may have. I am not a fan of the packaging though but I can deal with it since it's practical and the product works for me.
If you are looking for a matte lipstick, I would definitely recommend these. NYX have 22 different shades to choose from. Since these are new, they may be hard to find in stores so you'll have better luck ordering online.
My rating 9/10.
Have you tried these yet? Which color do you like?
**UPDATE--For additional swatches for other shades, please click HERE. **