I'm trying to catch up on some posts and reviews this weekend and I'm not really in the mood for it either, lol, but I keep telling myself that I need to stop bumming around and do something productive. Lucky for me, I've already have this review drafted for the past few days.
I picked up this powder a little while ago when I was browsing at Ulta. To my disappointment, most of the new NYX products that I wanted to try were empty on the display. Hopefully, they have more in stock now but I don't feel like driving there just yet.
- It comes in a pressed powder compact. There's a good size mirror inside and a convenient sponge applicator. The packaging isn't too bulky but could have been smaller. I personally would have liked it to be smaller to make it easier for carrying and blotting touch ups on the go.
- .29 oz or 8.2 g
- The first thing I noticed is that these are rather light. I picked up the shade Medium Dark and it turned out to be a light beige perhaps a little more beige than I would like but it doesn't do much as far as altering the color of my skintone so it doesn't even matter.
- The texture is very powdery but at the same time light-weight. I typically don't like using the sponge applicator that are included with my powder compact but for this powder it definitely work better than using a brush.
- Does it mattify? Absolutely. I like the fact that it doesn't look cakey or like you added another layer of stuff on your face. It pretty much disappears as you apply it and it soaks up oil instantly in the process.
- Now I am not a huge fan of the matte finish on my face because it makes me look old and dull. I like to have a bit of "glow" but I am moderately oily on my T-zone and it's the area where I mostly use the NYX Blotting Powder. Again, I'm not super oily so I only need to blot once or twice throughout the day.
This is my first blotting powder so I can't say I'm a blotting expert and I can't really compare it with other products but so far it works for me and it does what I need it to do. It's light, doesn't look cakey, and mattifies.