I've tried a few face primers before such as Smashbox Photofinish, Tarte Recreate, Benefit Porefessional, and none of these have made any difference on my makeup so when I heard the rave reviews on the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, I was curious to see if it will actually make a difference for me. I take good care of my skin and it helps keeping it smooth and hydrated. Aside from that I don't have large pores or sensitive skin. My only skin concern is evening out the skin tone cause it's quite uneven with the freckles and the occasional acne scars. Usually concealer and foundation works the best for covering them up. And lastly, I am a bit oily on the T-zone and I sweat very easily so in warmer weather sometimes I feel like my face is melting off and basically the main thing I look for in a face primer is to help prevent that.
- .33 oz or 10 ml.
- I am so glad that they have a mini size, which allows me to try out this primer and go easy on my wallet. However, it's quite small and only about 1/3 of the full size bottle. If you use primer every day or regularly you are better off with the full size.
- It is small and travel friendly. It comes with a frosted glass container, a pump, and a cover.
- This is a mineral based primer that claims to be water resistant and create a smooth canvas for makeup application. It contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide and is SPF 15. It's free of parabens, oil, and gluten.
- The texture is very light, like a fluffy whipped cream. It feels silky and smooth on the skin and absorbs quickly.
- I have small pores so I don't see much difference when I use the primer. The only thing that I actually noticed about this primer is that it indeed helps my makeup stay on my face longer than any of the other primers that I have tried. Whenever I use it, I notice that my makeup last 2-3 hours longer and I am less shiny on the T-zone.
I love the light, airy, and silky texture of this primer. So far it is the only primer that have helped prolong the wear of my face makeup by 2-3 hours longer. I guess in a way it's good and in another way I wished it would hold off a bit longer than that, especially considering I am paying much more for this product. I'm also happy to see that I look less shiny and oily on my forehead whenever I use this primer. It's definitely not a primer I feel that I need to use on a regular basis but one I would reach for on special occasions or on days I need my makeup to last longer because I won't have time to touch up or check my face.