I haven't shopped at Lush in such a while and on my last trip there, I just recently discovered that they made makeup now. When I saw that these were selling for BOGO free, I jumped on the opportunity to give them a whirl. These colors come with sort of motivational/inspirational names, which I think is cool.
- They come in a clear glass vial. There's a generous amount of product in each vial. .17 oz or 5g.
- The eyeliner has a thin brush applicator
- The cream shadows have a doe foot applicator
- Lush Dynamic Eyeliner. Shimmery orange with sparkling gold shimmers.
- Lush cream eyeshadow Sophisticated - shimmery nudy pink brown shade.
- Lush cream eyeshadow Focus - a shimmery light greyish blue shade with light teal shimmers. If I was only getting one out of these, this would be the one. So loving this color.
- Lush cream eyeshadow Intuitive - a shimmery yellow green with a hint of gold shimmers.
- The cream shadows are decently pigmented. They feel wet upon application but they do set and dry quickly.
- I've found that the best way to apply them is using the applicator and put a small amount on your lid and quickly pat and blend the shadow with your fingers. Don't use a brush because it will make the application very blotchy.
- You can certainly wear is sheer or apply another layer to intensify the color. Wait until the first layer dry first. Be careful not to over apply though, it will look patchy if you do so. I think it looks best with two thin layers.
- I had the most trouble with Focus, for some reason it was patchier than the other cream shadow but it is also the prettiest color for me.
- Without a primer, the cream shadow last 3 hours on me before creasing and fading
- With a primer, I get up to 8 hours of wear.
- I struggled the most with Dynamic eyeliner. The application was so patchy, sheer, and uneven and the brush applicator was very flimsy. Honestly, I did not know it was an eyeliner until I got home. I saw it on the way to the check out register and just grabbed it cause it looked so pretty in the bottle. I thought it was a cream eyeshadow. It doesn't look great as an eyeliner. I tried to see if I could use it as an eyeshadow and I don't really like it either. It's too sparkly and sheer for an eyeshadow.
The colors are gorgeous but the application does require a bit of practice and work. I highly recommend a good primer with these. At full price, I wouldn't be too happy, mainly because I do expect a product to work for me and not the other way around if I'm going to pay that much. At this price point, there's other competitors that definitely do the job much better.
Cream Eyeshadow Rating: 8/10.
Eyeliner Rating: 7/10.