I heard we are supposed to have another blizzard coming our way...and I had just washed my car last night! Ughhh!
Finally, I can share with you a decent and complete review of these new Milani lipsticks.
What Milani says about these...
"Make a statement without saying a word! True Instant Color. One stroke, full coverage application. This next generation lipstick gives the ultimate in color, texture and finish. The lightweight creamy formula contains Vitamins A, C, & E to moisturize and nourish lips. Paraben-free. Available in Vinyl, Metallic, Cream, Shimmer, Pearl & Matte finish."
- Metallic gold case, which I love and hate because it's a magnet for fingerprints. I like that the base shows the actual color of the lipstick.
- .14 oz or 3.97 g
Swatches from left to right: Bronze Beauty, Dulce Caramelo, and Fruit Punch
Bronze Beauty is a highly shimmery medium bronze with a bit of red undertone to it. This actually looks sparkly on the lips. It would actually help if they also labeled the type of finish on the tube but according to their website, this is a shimmer finish.
Dulce Caramelo is a shimmery mauvy nude color with a hint of gold shimmers. It looks a little frosty. According to Milani, this is a pearl finish. This color is not as opaque as the other two.
Fruit Punch is a medium bright pink that leans slightly warm tone. This is a cream finish.
- When I first swatched them, I needed a bit of pressure to get the colors to come out. I suppose it's normal for some lipsticks. After I broke the top layer, I did find that it applies quite well on the first pass.
- These have a very strong sweet and fruity scent different from their older version. It can be bothersome if you have a sensitive nose but on the brighter note, at least they don't smell bad or taste bad. Well I can't really taste them but I do get a bit lightheaded when I take a whiff of it.
- I found the formulation on these new lippies much better than their older version. They feel a little creamier, are more comfortable to wear, and they look more pigmented too.
- I get a solid 4 hour wear before they start fading.
- The cream finish was definitely more moisturizing and I found the pearl finish to be the driest of the three.
- I didn't find these to be light-weight. They still feel like regular lipsticks to me. Not too many lipsticks have that light-weight feel to them and this is definitely not one of them.
- I think the full coverage probably applies to the majority of the shades. Dulce Caramelo was more like a medium opacity for me.
- I'm curious to find out what exactly is a vinyl finish.
Do check to see if you can tolerate the scent. Though it doesn't smell bad it's quite strong. For the most part, I do notice a creamier and more pigmented formula as compared to their older version. The cream finish definitely feels more hydrating than the others. Lasting power is good/average depending on the shade. You'd get a longer wear out of darker shades. Overall I like them.
My rating: 9/10