I had this cheek and lip stain in such a long time and never got around to do a proper review. Femme Couture is a brand that you can find at Sally Beauty Supply. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it but based on their website, it is $11.99 or $10.79 if you have a Beauty Club card. Not too shabby for a two in one product but considering that they're not a brand I hear anyone ever talk about, I don't think the price is encouraging their sale. I did ask myself, should I bother? If I was not a blogger or a makeup hoarder, my honest answer would be no.
- This product comes in a bulky stick packaging. It's about 1 1/2 inch in diameter and 5 inches long.
- One end contains the cheek stain and the other contains the lip stain.
- I appreciate that they included an additional plastic cover for the cheek stain, which will prevent it from drying out too quick. I twisted the product all the way out so you get an idea of how much product is inside.
- My only concern with the lip stain is that the wand is quite short and the tube quite wide; therefore, it will only pick up product from the center. This little wand will not be able to pick up any product from the sides. You'll definitely get the most uses out of cheek stain but not the lip stain.
- Lipstain net weight is .10 oz or 2.7 g
- Cheek stain net weight is .34 oz or 9.7 g
- The lip stain is swatched on the left and cheek stain on the right. I wiped them off 5 minutes after application to get an idea of how much they stain.
- Both have a very lovely berry tint. The cheek stain is unscented but the lip stain does have a sweet fruity berry scent to it. It even tastes a little sweet.
- Now what I like and appreciate about this stain duo is that the intensity of the color is buildable and they allow you enough time to work with it before the stain sets in. Both have a gel-like consistency.
- The lip stain can look a bit blotchy depending on the condition of your lips. Typically, you'd want to exfoliate and moisturize your lips prior to applying lip stains. It will minimize patchiness and keep your lips soft and comfortable longer.
- The cheek stain feels very similar to the Tarte Cheek Stains. I think the best way to apply it, or at least what has worked for me when it comes this type of cheek stain, is to dot a bit of product on my cheeks and use a duo-fiber brush to blend it using small circular motion. It looks more natural and evenly blended this way. I never use my fingers to blend cheek products because it always looks patchy when I do so and I risk disturbing my foundation underneath as well. The duo fiber brush is the perfect tool for blending cream or gel cheek products.
- The staining is not too potent. The cheek stain last approximately 4 hours on me before I notice fading. The lip stain last much longer, 6+ hours. I am very turned off by stubborn stains that don't want to go away when I want them to so I'm glad these don't give me that kind of trouble.
Overall, this is a fairly good lip/cheek stain duo. They are easy to work with since the stain is buildable and doesn't set too quickly. I experienced some patchiness with the lipstain but not the cheek stain. I am satisfied with how long they last and I think the color is lovely. I'm so so on the dual packaging. I think these would be better in a separate tube though.
My rating: 8/10.