I know most people have been doing cutesy, lovey dovey, Valentine nails these past couple of days. I wanted to do some too but with a slightly different spin. For the record, I do not hate Valentine's Day but this mani is just for humor for those who like that sort of thing. It didn't quite turned out as nicely as I had pictured in my head but it was close.
- For the base color, I used two coats of Milani High Speed Nail Lacquer White on the Spot
- I applied two coats of Pure Ice Oh Baby! for a subtle shimmer.
- One coat of Seche Vite
- From left to right: Milani Tip Toe Pink, OPI Mermaids Tears, Illamasqua Jo'mina, OPI What's With The Cattitude?, and Zoya Pippa.
- With a brush, I painted the heart candies. This was very time consuming for me as I tried not to mess up the shape of the hearts. In the end. I think I did a pretty good job. I wished my nail beds weren't so narrow. I had to tilt the hearts a little to allow more room.
- Using a Sharpie Red marker with a fine point, I wrote the words inside the hearts. I didn't know what else to use. My only disappointment is that after I used a top coat over it, it smudged a bit and the words are not as clean or crisp as I would like them to be. Speaking of which, do you think they are legible?
It's definitely not my favorite mani but I hope you still enjoyed looking at it.
What are you going to wear on your nails for Valentine's Day?