It's a good thing I've drafted a few of my posts already. Another unfortunate turn of event happened to me yesterday. Clumsy me broke my ankle and went to urgent care. I've been on bed rest since. It's pretty depressing not being able to move like normal. Walking on clutches is such a PITA, especially since I also sprain my other ankle as well. Boss is not going to be happy when she hears that I'm going to be on sick leave a bit longer. Especially now when there is so much to do. Anyways, I can't be on the computer too long because I'm supposed to keep my leg elevated to reduce swelling. Sorry if I'm not around much for comment and reading posts.
I actually had and used two of these NYX Slide On pencil for a while but never did a review. When I picked up two additional shades from Ulta a couple weeks ago, I knew I had to get a review out.
What NYX says about these
Don’t let the softness of this eye liner pencil fool you. Silky soft yet delivers a powerful robust color to line eyes. The formula doesn't smear or smudge and provides extreme color. It’s like a liquid eye liner in a pencil without the mess. Available in 18 intense shades.
- Colored coded pencil which correspond to the actual shade
- Net weight is .04 oz or 1.2 g
From left to right:
- Glitzy Gold - a shimmery antique gold
- Golden Bronze - looks more like a shimmery copper than bronze
- Gun Metal - shimmery dark grey
- Jewel - shimmery mauve plum
- I like how easily the formula glides on without pulling and tugging, which is often a problem I have with drugstore pencil liners.
- The color pay off is good tough I feel like some shades seem to be a bit more pigmented than others, in this case, it would be Gun Metal and Golden Bronze.
- The problem that I have with these is that they don't last all day. For me, they start smudging and fading after 3 hours of wear, which is a bit inconvenient for someone like me who rarely touch up and often forget to check my face.
Nice color pay-off, smooth application, great range of colors...unfortunately my chief complaint would be the fading and smudges after 3 hours of wear. If you don't have oily lids, it might work better for you.
My rating: 7/10