Like many of you, I love neutral and earth tone shades; however, most drugstore eyeshadows aren't under my radar. The truth is it's also hard for me to find eyeshadow colors that I don't already have. Ideally, I should really just ban myself from buying anymore. I found this Maybelline quad at Big Lots for less than $2.00 so I figure, why not?
- It's practical for the most part but definitely not the sturdiest. I would advise you to be cautious. I had similar packaging break on me very easily.
- It's weird how some shades have more product than others.
- There's a diagram in the back that shows you where to place the color on your eyes. Each eyeshadow is also labeled and numbered for reference.
- Net weight .17 oz or 4.8 g
- The eyeshadows felt pretty dry and the pigmentation is rather sheer. I had to do several swipes in order for the color to show up decently for a swatch picture.
- I also had difficulty getting the color look decent on my eyes, even with a primer. I really had to load it on my brush and pack it on.
- The highlight color, which is a sheer shimmery light gold, is probably my favorite of the pack. Even though it's sheer, I think it's forgivable and not as drying as the other shades. It's also perfect for highlight.
The color scheme is quite lovely but poor pigmentation and dry texture is what you'll get out of this quad. What a shame! This really doesn't help in making me want to seek out more drugstore shadows. I'm just thankful I didn't pay retail price on it.
My rating: 3/10
And here's the eye look I did using the quad. I placed the colors almost as intended. The only exception was that I didn't use the liner to line my eyes but to deepen the outer V just to give my eyes more depth.
- UDPP Original
- Maybelline Emerald Smokes eyeshadow quad
- Physicians Formula Eye Booster Ultra Black
- Milani Shadow Eyez Champagne Toast
- Ulta Eye Crayon Rich
- Sally Hansen Forever Stay Eye Pencil Deep Jade
Have you tried these Maybelline quads? Do you like them?