What a busy weekend it has been for me! I was hoping I could work on my blog today but something else came up so that didn't happen. At least, I was able to take some pictures. I have a lot of editing to do.
Meanwhile, I wanted to get this review out for you. I have a couple of these and I'm surprised I never reviewed them.
- This is a marker type of lipstain. Though I don't use them much, I've had them for a while. They're still juicy and don't dry out easily so that's a good sign.
- The other end of the pencil holds a lip balm, about half an inch of product. The lip balm is fairly decent and I don't detect any scent on it. You'd have to be very careful when removing and putting back on the cap because you can easily nip a chunk of it.
- Flamme is a cherry red color that looks slightly warm on me.
|Here's a swatch without the balm. The finish looks matte.|
|Swatch with the balm. The finish looks slightly shinier and lips look more moisturized.|
- The stain is very pigmented but the application can look a bit uneven when you look up close. However, that's not something really noticeable.
- It looked perfect and intact the 4 hours I was wearing it. I noticed a significant amount of fading after I had lunch. Not only did it fade, it also looked terribly blotchy when it did.
- The remaining stain lasted through the next morning.
- The stain has a nice fruity scent to it.
I sported this lip stain the other day I was off from work and I totally loved the color on me. The long-wear of the lipstain is great but the blotchiness after it faded doesn't look attractive. You definitely need to reapply after you eat. One thing I really love about it is that the color doesn't transfer on to my teeth, which is a problem I normally have with red lip colors. Lips feel dry without the lip balm so it's nice that they included one as it makes them more comfortable.
My rating: 8/10.