TGIF!! And happy 1st day or March, already! Oh well not much of a weekend for me anyways as I will be working and attending my niece's birthday party but in between I hope I can catch up on my blog. I've been a little behind schedule.
I'm a bit late in the game when I comes to the Maybelline Color Whispers. I was only able to get them on a BOGO sale recently since I did not want to pay full price for them.
Maybelline describes these as...
Pure color pigments suspended in a weightless gel.
No heavy waxes or oils.
Soft, sexy gel-color.
- I think the packaging is adorable. They are slimmer and smaller than the average lipstick. The cap has a jelly like transparency and the writing on the packaging is cute.
- Net weight is .11 oz or 3 g which is still pretty good for a skinny lipstick.
From left to right: Orange Attitude, Mocha Muse, A Plum Prospect, and Berry Ready
- Orange Attitude was somewhat reminiscent of Revlon Lip Butter Tutti Frutti but a bit sheerer. It's a very lovely coral shade. This is a shade I can see myself reach for often.
- Mocha Muse ended up being a lot sheerer than I anticipated. I knew these Color Whispers were going to be on the sheer side so I tried to pick darker colors but this one still ended up being a my lip but better kind of shade. It's a very light pinkish nude. Gives just the slightest hint of color on my already pale lips. If you have pigmented lips, this shade is only going to make your lips look shiny.
- A Plum Prospect may look plum in the tube but pink on the lips. It's a very lovely and wearable shade that fades nicely and evenly at the end of the day.
- Berry Ready is a reddish raspberry shade. This one to my surprise really packs a punch in terms of pigmentation. It's very saturated yet feels so lightweight. I actually sported this color to work today and was so tempted to blot my lips a bit cause it was pretty intense and I normally don't wear bold lip color like this one to work but for the sake of my review, I had to brave this color lol, and walk around like I own it. Now that I'm looking at my picture here, I think it's a bit lighter than it really is, maybe due to the lighting. It's a very glamorous color in my opinion. Definitely not something I would wear on a typical day but more for a special occasion.
- Ok so these Color Whispers are a bit of everything...look like a lipstick, feels like a lip balm, are shiny like a lip gloss, and also provide some stains.
- They are definitely as described: light-weight, translucent, gel colors.
- They feel really light, comfortable, and moisturizing and they also apply like butter on the lips. One thing I appreciate about these lip colors is that they smooth out dry skin.
- The color stays along with the shine up to 4 hours (without going through a meal). After that, there is some fading in the color and shine but leaves a lovely stain behind that last up to 8 hours, particularly with darker shades like Berry Ready and A Plum Prospect.
- It has a soft perfumy sweet scent and doesn't taste funny. Definitely an improvement compared to their Color Sensational lipstick which often made me wanna barf.
Overall, I enjoyed these Color Whispers. I'm definitely a fan of the translucent gel color. This line comes in 20 shades; however, I doubt there will be much difference in color pay off with the lighter shades. If you want color, I strongly recommend the darker shades. Keep in mind that with this type of formula, what you see in the tube will translate lighter on your lips. As far as hydration, it does provide up until the shine starts to fade. Big plus on the staining for me. It has just the right amount of potency to last through the day.
My rating: 10/10.