When it comes to lip balms or lip treatments, I usually don't really go for cute packaging and fruity scents. Instead, I go for products that really deliver the moisture and conditioning that my lips need. I find that drugstore lip balm are fairly cheap and somewhat does the job but when it comes to skincare, I think it's worth investing a little more on something that really helps your skin. These are my favorite lip treatments.
Pur-Lisse Daily Lip Nourisher ($16)
- What it does: Kiss and make up with your chapped, cracked lips. Our exclusive petroleum~free nourisher brings smiles to dry pouts, as lavish fruits butters and healing vegetable oils richly hydrate. Lackluster lips become softer, moister and more youthful~looking
- Contains: Blue lotus, white tea, soy proteins, sea silk, lupine peptides.
- The formula is thin, moisturizing, conditioning, and non-sticky.
- The only con is that it does wear out after a couple hours
- What it does: DermStore Lip Quench hydrates, softens and adds a hint of color to your lips with rich, protecting emollients for a dazzling pout. Soybean, olive and sweet almond oils provide nourish and smooth dry, chapped lips while vitamin E neutralizes free radicals. Perfect for wearing alone or over a matte lipstick for high shine lips.
- This one is advertized as lip plumping but I honestly can't feel or tell the difference.
- The formula is thick but moisturizing and conditioning. I like the fact that it does last longer.
- It has a pleasant sweet berry/fruity scent and also provides a glossy finish.
- What it does: contains antioxidants and superior moisturizers to provide lasting treatment benefits. It provides broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection. Shea butter and avocado oil deliver moisture while vitamin E and green tea contribute antioxidant fortification.
- These actually are sold in 5 different flavors: natural mint, vanilla & lavender, grapefruit & ginger, black tea & blackberry, lemon & chamomile
- SPF 25
- The formula is thick and a bit tacky but because of that it provides a longer lasting moisture and conditioning for your lips.
- What it does: Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 blends reparative oils and waxes with real sugar, a natural humectant, for delectable and dependable moisture. Sweet and tart black currant oil, rich in plumping essential fatty acids, cushions the lips while antioxidant grapeseed polyphenols and vitamins A, C, and E provide protection from wrinkle-causing free radicals. It also provides essential, year-round protection from damaging UV rays.
- The formula is non sticky and thin but quite moisturizing. The only problem is that it doesn't last on the lips very long. I find that it works really well when paired with the Sugar Lip Polish.
- It has a pleasant citrusy scent.
- What it does: This unique formula is enriched with real brown sugar crystals to gently buff away dry flakes. It nourishes the lips with the oils of meadowfoam seed, jojoba seed, and grapeseed while shea butter provides long-lasting moisture.
- It has a sweet sugary scent since it contains sugar.
- It does a really good job at exfoliating and removing dry flaky skin.
- I've done my own DIY lip scrub but it does not compare to this. My lips feel different when I use this scrub. They are much softer and conditioned. This has special ingredients in there that I find very soothing and softening.
Have you tried any of these? What is your favorite lip treatment/balm?