While I was at Walgreens the other day because my son needed to pickup a little something for his Valentine. I had a $1.00 coupon for Rimmel. Initially, I was going to redeem it for an eyeliner but my eyes spotted these Scandeleyes Eyeshadow sticks. I was immediately drawn to Blamed Blue. These come in 9 different shades and I'm seeing that they are on BOGO 50% sale now at Ulta --> http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod4950051&skuId=2255410
What it claims
- Lasting 24 hours
- Hydrofuge (says so on the pencil itself). Ok, I honestly had to look up the definition on that one, lol. Definition on Merriam Webster says : shedding water —used of the pubescent coating of many aquatic insects. Sounded like another nerdy term for waterproof.
- creamy, blendable, rich intense color.
- Jumbo size pencil
- .11 oz or 3.25 g
- Blamed Blue is a flipping awesome color. My jaw dropped the moment I first swatched it. Gorgeous peacock blue with tiny teal shimmers in it.
- Formula is very pigmented and creamy.
- In spite of the creaminess, I found the product rather hard to blend. It clings to my skin and doesn't wanna budge so application can be slightly patchy in some areas and you would need another eyeshadow to blend out the harsh edges or even out the application.
- I didn't do a 24 hour test wear but I did wear it for 6 hours and with and without a primer and I really don't notice a difference with a primer. It didn't crease during that time frame but it did fade just a bit.
- It's definitely waterproof! Granted I did not go swimming or take a shower with it. I did swatch it on my hand and put it under running water for a couple minutes, even rubbed my finger on top of it, and the color did not budge.
Creamy, pigmented, budge-proof, waterproof, long-wearing...Did I mention GORGEOUS color? Seriously though it is one of the prettiest blue eyeshadow/pencil I have so look out for a makeup look featuring this shadow stick. The only thing you may have difficulty with is blending. These are less than $5.00...Definitely budget friendly with a good quality to it that will make you a happy camper.
My rating: 9/10.
Did you try these out yet or planning to? Did you ever hear the term Hydrofuge before?