I wanted to go to Macy's today to check out the new MAC collection Archie's Girl and Lancome. Currently, Lancome has a gift with purchase promo going at Macy's so that's something to consider if you've been waiting on a promo to try out new products. Well, I didn't get to go because we're getting hit with a snow storm and it's pretty slushy and slippery so I did not want to take the risk. As much as I love makeup, I'm not willing to drive through a snow storm for it, lol...Aren't you glad I'm not that crazy?
Anyhow...Here's a review of the NYX Extreme Lip Cream I picked up last week from Ulta.
NYX describes these as:
Beautify your lips with this velvety rich lip cream that provides extreme pigmentation with a silky and glossy finish. This lip cream is a hybrid of lipstick, lip gloss, and lip stain with intense pigmentation all in one. Complete your head-turning look with the Xtreme Lip Cream in any of the 11 luscious colors.
- Comes in a lipgloss looking tube and doe foot applicator
- The color on the tube is the color of the gloss
- .23 oz or 7mL
- Skin Tone is a warm peachy brown kind of shade. It's very glossy but doesn't have shimmers.
- The gloss is a bit thick and super saturated with pigment. However it does not feel sticky.
- You get the coverage of a lipstick and the glossy shine of a gloss all in one
- There's a bit of staining with this shade, however not that noticeable since it's kinda of a neutral color.
- My lips are dryer and flakier in the winter time so this doesn't really help but enhance it.
- Last about 4-5 hours.
- It has a pretty strong sweet and waxy smell and taste to it that I dislike. Similar to that of the Maybelline ColorSensational lipsticks. If you can handle those then you wouldn't have a problem with these.
The color payoff and pigmentation is indeed intense. Definitely feels like a liquid lipstick and gloss. Last fairly well and you probably might get better staining with other shade but this one is very similar to your skin tone. I didn't find it particularly hydrating or drying but I'm really turned off by the scent. I think the formula is a bit too thick for my liking as well. I guess it's a product some people will like or dislike depending on their preference. For me, I don't really like it but it does what it claims to do.
My rating: 9/10.
Have you tried these? What are your thoughts on them?