Happy Saturday everyone! I hope your weekend is going good.
I was so excited when I was able to snag this lip color set for 20% off during a sale couple weeks ago. Hello! Look at the gorgeous colors! I couldn't help myself. I did look up some review before actually purchasing and didn't read any negative so I proceeded with my purchase.
What Stila says about this set...
A collection of four pigment-rich, creamy-matte, liquid lip colors that deliver intense moisture with bold, long-lasting color and stay in place for up to 6 hours of continuous wear.
The texture is weightless on lips and delivers superb comfort and its color-rich formula will not bleed or transfer. enriched with vitamin E and avocado oil, stay all day™ liquid lipstick hydrates and softens the lips so they look and feel beautiful!
- Simple and cute! They have a nice weight to them and the amount is generous for what you're paying.
- Doe foot applicator.
- Each tube contains .10 oz or 3 ml, which is a generous amount for what you're paying.
|From left to right: Petal, Coral, Caprice, Muse|
Petal is a somewhat bright matte medium pink with blue undertone. Honestly, I did not like how it looked on my skin tone. I looked like a clown, lol, seriously! That's frustrating.
Coral it is but this one had like a pearly finish to it. Looked so obnoxious on me. I can't even look at myself without wanting to barf. This is another color that made me look like a clown. I wasn't expecting that. I need to top this off with some kind of gloss. I would not leave the house with this alone unless I plan on going out with an 80's theme look. Maybe I should do an 80's makeup look with this...Hmm that might just work...
Caprice is a slightly muted darker fuchsia with a matte finish. Now this color, I loved! It's my favorite out of the pack. That's more like me! It's fun and flirty.
Muse is a mauvy rose shade with a heavy grey undertone and matte finish. I'm a bit on the fence with this color. It doesn't look clownish at least but I don't feel like it suits me either...IDK, perhaps I can make it work with a different makeup look, like a smokier darker eye look.
- Finally! Now on to the fun part and the real deal about these lip colors. I tried really hard not to spoil it at first. The shades all looked really pretty in the tube but they didn't really translate that way on my skin tone. That partially killed the excitement for me. However, I'm hopeful that with the right look, I can manage to make them look halfway decent.
- Colors are very saturated and feel smooth and creamy before it sets.
- Application was a bit of a nightmare and requires some speed and accuracy. First, the applicator was a bit too small so what I did was start with the top lip, apply a generous amount on the center and then quickly spread the color with a wider lip brush. Then repeated the process on the bottom lip. The color sets rather quickly, within 10 seconds or less, you will actually need to be quick before it sets otherwise, you end up with uneven and patchy color. If you make a mistake, you're better off wiping off and doing it all over again. A second layer can't fix it, I tried. It makes things worst actually.
- Once it set, I feel like it sinks and wraps around my lips, making my lip lines looking more obvious. You must exfoliate and prime your lips prior to using these.
- It feels heavy and dry but it didn't make my skin look dry or flaky...It's weird. I dunno how to explain it.
- I got up to 8 hours of wear with minimal fading. The fading mostly occurred after I had a meal.
Two of the colors make me look like a clown. I am not a fan of the texture, it feels heavy and dry, yet it's not drying. Application was tricky because the color sets way too fast. The only good thing is that they are truly long-lasting but the lack of comfort makes me reluctant to reach for them.
I'm actually disappointed in these because I had high hopes for them and what shocks me even more is that most of the reviews were good so IDK, I guess you either gonna love it or hate it.
Available at http://www.stilacosmetics.com/,