I got the chance to try out one of the new Stila Countless Color Pigments and I'm ready to present my review to you. They have so many nice colors and comes in 10 different pot. It was really hard for me to pick one but in the end, I only got Acoustic.
- It's definitely what attracted me to the product in the first place. Ok, so I don't really care much for the outside plastic container. It's rather plain and cheap. I just loved the fact that they had 3 different color pressed together.
- .1 oz or 3 g
|Colors swatched on their own|
- The shimmery reddish brown has very good pigmentation and texture
- The orange has an ok pigmentation, it's matte, on the powdery side, and takes a bit of work to build up the color. It actually looks more like a muted coral now that I look at it more.
- The shimmery champagne is on the sheer side and barely noticeable. You really have to pack it on for this one to show up.
- One nice thing about the way the eyeshadows are pressed is that you can intermix the colors to create a different shade. There's not much variation between colors once they are mix on this pot to be honest. I think the Orange mixed with the champagne yield a gorgeous color that I can see myself applying on my cheeks.
- These eyeshadows shouldn't be applied wet.
With a good primer, the colors do stay put through most of the day with only minimal fading. The pigmentation and texture leaves something to be desired. I like the idea of the versatility of this product but on this particular pot, the shade variations are rather subtle. I didn't find it amazing but just good enough to get the job done. At the price point, I would expect the formula to be better. Nonetheless, the color scheme and packaging is nice and I would still get some uses out of it.
Available at http://www.stilacosmetics.com,
Here's how Acoustic looks on my eye. If you didn't get a chance to see the full face makeup, you can view it HERE.