This is a mask I purchased from Sephora a little while back and I'm way overdue for a review. I must admit, I haven't used it as regularly as I should since I've been also using other masks.
I generally don't really like to review skincare products because they tend to work differently on people so please bear in mind that this is just from my personal experience. I'm probably not the best candidate for skincare review either since my skin is pretty normal and low maintenance so I generally don't see huge improvements but I can tell you a few things about it and whether I like it or not.
- Squeeze tube. Very simple and practical.
- Mine is 1.7 oz (for $16.00) but the full-size tube is 3.4 oz (for $23.00)
- According the Sephora's website, this charcoal mask is supposed to deep cleanse and unclog pores and is suitable for all skin type. The first time I used it, I noticed a cooling, tingling, sensation. As I continue using the mask, I don't really feel the tingling as much but it's definitely refreshing. I don't have sensitive skin but for those who do, this tingling sensation might be a bit much.
- It applies and feels so smooth and silky on the skin. Considering that it contains charcoal, I was actually expecting a gritty and harsher texture. As you can see on the picture above, there's none of that.
- It dries fairly quickly and you end up looking like you had dried mud on your face. It actually feels pretty tight once it dries.
- When I washed the mask off my face, the tightness instantly goes away and it felt super smooth, silky, and slippery as the water rinses the mask.
- While this didn't do any miracle on my skin, it sure make it feel very refreshed and I did notice that my skin felt hydrated and incredibly soft, as soft as baby skin and I'm not even kidding for someone as old as myself.
- Not sure how much pore cleansing this does because I actually don't have large pores, well that's my luck I guess.
I really enjoyed and loved using this mask. It's like giving yourself a spa at home. It did not irritate my skin or cause me any break-out. My skin feels refreshed and my favorite part is definitely the softening and hydrated effect I had after I used it. Definitely would repurchase.