Revlon recently came out with a new shine finish for their Super Lustrous lipsticks so after contemplating at the display several times already, I decided to try one and picked up Berry Couture.
- Round black lipstick tube. Same as all of their Super Lustrous lipsticks.
- .13 oz or 3.7 g
- Berry Couture looks like a plum in the tube but on the lips, it appears much lighter and translate as a medium cool tone pink with a slight purple undertone to it.
- The formula felt very light and it had a similar gel-like texture to the Maybelline Color Whispers with a moderate amount of slip. It glided smoothly during application and can be applied sheer or build up to a semi opaque coverage.
- It looks shiny in a soft glossy kind of way and I love how juicy and smooth it looks on my lips.
- I get about 2 hours of wear before the shine starts to fade but because it also leaves a stain behind, the color still wears for a couple more hours. I noticed that as it fades, the color looks a bit patchy.
- The formula is very comfortable on the lips. Slightly moisturizing I'd say but doesn't last very long.
I really like the light weight and juicy feel of the formula. It certainly feels gel-like and balmy. The staining also helps prolong the wear of the color but overall, as far as longevity, the wear is shorter than average for me. Still a lovely shade and lipstick to try. I do like it.
Availability: Walgreens, CVS
Tried any of the new Super Lustrous Shine? Let me know what you think.