Great news, my son passed his driving test yesterday. In spite of that, it doesn't make me feel at ease either. New drivers always scare me.
When I spotted this new liquid foundation, I was curious to try it out. Mainly for the lightweight feel. I generally don't really need much coverage. As long as it evens out my skin tone and makes me look refreshed, I'm good with that.
- Glass packaging with a teardrop like applicator. I find the applicator handy dandy.
- .67 oz or 20 ml
- I got the shade Classic Ivory, which is a light beige with neutral undertone. It's slightly lighter than my natural skin tone but not by much and contouring helps giving my face dimension.
- You need to shake the bottle before use. The formula is very fluid and liquidy. It doesn't offer much coverage, light to almost medium coverage if you build it up.
- It does a good job at evening out skin tone but if you have some trouble spots or dark circles, you definitely will need to pair it with a good concealer.
- It dries to a matte finish and personally I don't think it flatters me. Also, I don't even have dry skin but it makes my skin looks dry as it settles into the tiniest lines on my face that I didn't even know were there. I definitely recommend using a primer with this foundation.
- In normal condition, it wears well for up to 6 hours before I notice it fading. On days, I'm running errands and the weather is hot and humid, it will wear off within a couple hours.
Overall, I'm not liking it. I have normal/oily combination skin and this foundation makes my skin look like a dry desert so for best result make sure to use a primer. Secondly, it wears off easily in hot and humid temperatures and it will probably work best during the colder months. And if you are someone who needs more coverage, you will need help from a concealer if you want to use this foundation. Other than that, I like the lightweight and soft feel it has. Lastly, there is only .67 oz in the bottle and for the price, it doesn't work for me.
If you were wondering how it compares to the L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder, the finish is more matte and looks drier. Check out the last picture on this post to see the swatch comparison. I think the finish on Magic Nude is much nicer.
Availability: Ulta, Walgreens
On the right, see how Maybelline Dream Wonder settles and emphasizes every little creases on my hand? I get the same result on my face. No bueno, me no likey!
Let me know what you think if you tried it.