Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Purple Pencil Liners and Liquid Liners - Swatches
Whatever happened to Google Reader? We all thought it was going to die a couple weeks ago but it's still working for me. Did they postpone the kill date or did they decide to stick with it?
Color of the day today is Purple. Here's another swatch round up on my purple liner collection. If I have reviewed them or have additional swatches and info about them, I've hyperlinked them for you so you can read more if interested.
Purple Eye Pencils
1. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Purple Velvet - dark shimmery purple. These NYX jumbo pencils work best as eyeshadow base to intensity your eyeshadow. They require a good eyeshadow primer and a powder eyeshadow in order to minimize fading as they fade and crease quickly on their own.
2. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Purple - shimmery purple with blue shimmers
3. Milani Shadow Eyez Royal Purple - royal purple with subtle blue shimmers. I love how creamy and smooth it applies. It sets very quick so I prefer to use it as a liner. It's one of my favorite purple liner. I love how it pops on the eyes and the fact that it doesn't budge until I take it off.
4. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeshadow Pencil Delinquent - dark purple with sparkling pink shimmers. It's gorgeous, I'm surprised I've barely reached for it.
5. Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick Paranoid Purple - dark smoked purple with subtle pink shimmers. Another awesome drugstore liner that is pigmented and doesn't pull or tug during application and wears strong for hours.
6. Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner Powerful Purple - very dark, almost black purple with subtle purple shimmers. It's very creamy and pigmented and wears well throughout the day with just minimal swearing after a few hours.
7. NYX Slide On Eyeliner Jewel - this one is not your typical purple. It's a mauve plum color with sparkling pink shimmers with a semi-opaque pay off. It applies smoothly without tugging or pulling. It starts to fade on me after 3 or 4 hours of wear.
8. MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner Designer Purple - dark purple with sparkling pink shimmers. This one is incredibly soft and smooth. It glides effortlessly and is super pigmented in just one single pass. I do experience a bit of smudging and smearing after a few hours of wear though. I've got moderately oily lids.
9. Flower Long-Wear Eyeliner Aubergine - very dark eggplant. Pigmented with fairly smooth application and minimal swearing after a few hours of wear.
Purple Liquid Liners
1. Sephora Long Lasting Eyeliner Glitter Violet - I wished this liner was more saturated. Again the rest of these Sephora liners just seem to have a watery consistency. It's a dark base with sparkling purple shimmers. Won't budge during wear but will smear easily when in contact with water.
2. Milani Ultra Fine Liquid Eyeliner Prismatic Purple - This is one of my favorite liquid liner purple. I love how it looks on the eyes. It's more of a blurple color. You need to do 2 pass in order to get a good color payoff. Otherwise it's budge-proof, long-wearing, and water-resistant.
3. Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Royal - feels very wet and watery. You do need to shake before use. It's a gorgeous purple liner with sparkling pink and blue shimmers. It's budge-proof, long-wearing, and waterproof.
4. NYX Studio Liquid Liner Extreme Purple - dark shimmery blurple. Budge-proof and long-wearing, water resistant.
5. NYX Liquid Crystal Liner Crystal Pewter - not really purple although it does appear like a light lavender color in the tube. It has a clear base with fine blue, pink, and silver glitters. These are some of the best glitter liners I've tried.
6. Prestige Total Intensity Against All Odds Liquid Ink Eyeliner Around the Clock - I guess this is more of a magenta color with sparkling pink and some blue shimmers.
I'm actually surprised I don't have any purple dupes. Then again, I usually try to avoid getting dupe colors unless I really love the product or color.
Do you have a favorite purple liner?