I spotted this new shade of Prestige Total Intensity one of my previous trip to Ulta and wanted to give it a go. I've used this line of eyeliners before and was quite impressed with the pigmentation and performance so I thought I just had to try this one as well. If you'd like to see swatches of the other shades, you can view it on HERE.
- Pencil that will require sharpening
- .04 oz or 1.2 g
- Lively Turquoise is a bright shimmery turquoise blue. Very lovely and bright shade for summer or a pop of color when you need it. I felt really awkward wearing this alone cause it's so bright, blue, and looks retro. Definitely won't be wearing this on its own anymore but had to do it for the review purpose.
- Rich, creamy, pigmented. Application was effortless as it just glides so smoothly and effortlessly on the skin without pulling or tugging. It's truly a dream to apply. That's exactly how I want all my pencil eyeliners to apply.
- One of the problem I have with these liners is that they are so soft that sharpening them can be a bit difficult. You might have to stick it in the freezer for a few minutes before sharpening.
- The liner wore well for the first couple hours but after that, I did notice a bit of it transferred into my crease and smudged a bit unto my lower lash line. I run into this problem often with pencil liners because of my hooded and oily lids, which is why I mostly prefer liquid liners.
- After 4 hours, I notice some fading, especially towards the outer and inner corners of my eyes.
- This is the only light and shimmery pencil from the line and I found the other shades lasting a bit longer on me.
Overall, it's a fairly good pencil and I love how easily it glides and how pigmented it is. If you have oily lids and hooded lids, it may smudge and fade a bit after a few hours.
Availability: Ulta (currently on BOGO 50% sale)