A few days ago, I impulsively grabbed one of these new Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick. I've never tried a foundation stick before so I was very curious to find out if this could become a new favorite.
- I consider the packaging rather compact. It's small and light-weight, which is rather convenient for traveling.
- I feel that the cap can potentially become loose over time. I haven't had it long enough to confirm that it will happen but based on my observation it looks a little flimsy.
- There's .32 oz or 9 g of product, which doesn't seem like much. When I twisted the entire product out, the diameter is probably around 3/4 of an inch and the length roughly about 2 inches long.
- There's an anti-shine core at the center that is supposed to help control oil and give you a matte finish.
- There are 12 different shades to choose from and I did have a bit of a hard time figuring out which one would be the best match for my skin tone so I grabbed 120. I find it to be a bit too cool and slightly lighter than I would prefer for my skin tone but once blended the shade actually worked. It does make me look flat and pale but I don't mind it much since I can easily fix that with contouring and blush.
- The texture of the foundation is quite emollient and feels like gel. It blends easily and I feel like it doesn't really absorbs into my skin but kinda just sit on top of it, which helps smooth out pores. I apply it directly from the stick unto my face and then use a brush to blend and buff the foundation with my skin. It feels very light and can give you light to medium coverage. It does a very good job at evening out my skin tone, blur my freckles, and minimize the appearance of small scars. Please forgive the horrible picture and ghostly face below. I'm quite pale and I've been breaking out one pimple after another so my skin is in bad shape. Those little acne scars are going to take some time to go away.
- Once blended it give a soft powdered and almost matte finish. I guess it's more like a satin finish.
- I found that the foundation lasted fairly well on me. It held up to 6 hours before I start noticing signs of fading. It also does a very good job at controlling shine from my T-zone, which I'm pretty happy about.
The amount of product in that stick isn't much and if used daily, you can certainly go through it quicker than your average liquid foundation. Overall, I do like though. I don't really need to set it with a powder since it seems to go from cream to powder finish. It offers decent coverage, does an excellent job at keeping the shine at bay, and last through most of my day.
Availability: CVS, Walgreens
Planning on picking this up? Do you have a favorite foundation stick?
|Wearing Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation on the left, no makeup on the right|
|Wearing Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation all over face|