Monday, July 15, 2013
Brown and Gold Liquid Eyeliners - Swatches
I'm back again with another eyeliner swatch post. Previously, I posted about brown/neutral pencil liners (HERE)...well, I thought it would be a shame not to include the liquid liners too. And I will also do the same with the rest of my colored liners so keep an eye out for them. Hopefully, coming soon if I can stop being lazy. Well, my computer and Lightroom have been acting up lately so editing some pictures have been discouraging. For some reason my camera tend to cast a green undertone to my skin and I've only been able to fix that using Lightroom. I guess I might have to set the white balance and see if that help get rid of that green undertone without having to resort to editing.
1. MAC Superslick Liquid Eyeliner Desires & Devices is a dark olive greenish brown with gold shimmers. Budge-proof, smudge-proof, and water resistant.
2. NYX Glam Liner Aqua Luxe Glam Golden is pretty similar to Desires & Devices, except that the gold shimmers are bigger and sparlkier. Budge-proof, smudge-proof, and supposedly waterproof but I think that's only partially true.
3. Sephora Long-Lasting Eyeliner Glitter Kaki has a brownish green color base with sparkling gold, green, and copper shimmers. I don't like how watery and sheer the base is. I wished it was more saturated. Budge-proof and smudge-proof. Not water resistant though.
4. Hard Candy Walk the Line liquid eyeliner Praline is a gorgeous taupy brown with cool undertone and metallic finish. Budge-proof and smudge-proof.
5. NYX Studio Liquid Liner Extreme Coffee is a shimmery dark warm brown. Budge-proof and smudge-proof.
6. NYX Liquid Crystal Liner Crystal Gold has a clear base with fine gold glitters. Budge-proof and smudge-proof.
7. NYX Studio Liquid Liner Extreme Gold is a shimmery warm gold with a metallic finish. Budge-proof, smudge-proof, and supposedly waterproof but I think that's only partially true.
9. Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner Forever is a medium golden shimmery bronze with a metallic finish. This one is waterproof and budge-proof until you take it off. Will require a waterproof makeup remover.
Tried any of these? What do you think of them? I think the first 3 are pretty similar, not spot on dupes but similar enough that you don't need all three.