A few days ago, I swatched the new Milani Naturally Chic Shadow Eyez pencils and I had the genius idea to swatch the rest of my nude pencil/shadow liners. I didn't realize I had that many until it came to sorting them out, taking the pictures, and editing...Hollycow that is a lotta pencils and work! I hope it is will be of some use for yall.
For the record, all of these liners are creamy, pigmented, and easy to work with. Some will tug just a little more than others but very minimal. The best formula are those who are the creamiest, last longest, without fading, smudging, or creasing.
Shimmery Nude Pencils
1. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeshadow Pencil Rehab - shimmery medium brown with pink shimmers
2. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeshadow Pencil Juju - light shimmery taupe, leaning more brown
3. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeshadow Pencil Sin - light shimmery pink nude
4. Ulta Eye Crayon Birthday Girl - shimmery light champagne
5. NYX Retractable Eyeliner Silky Cashmere - medium shimmery pink nude
6. Rimmel ScandalEyes Bullet Proof Beige - shimmery light golden beige
7. Milani Shadow Eyez Champagne Toast - light shimmery pink nude. Spot on dupe for UD Sin (#3)
8. Milani Shadow Eyez Sand Dunes - Sparkly light golden beige
9. NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil Yogurt - light shimmery pink nude. Almost identical to Sin and Champagne Toast. Just a touch pinker.
Dupes: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeshadow Pencil Sin, Milani Shadow Eyez Champagne Toast, and NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil Yogurt.
Best formula: Urban Decay, Milani, and Rimmel
Creamy Nude Pencils
1. Milani Shadow Eyez Almond Cream - light beige with cool undertone. The creamiest of the three.
2. NYX Wonder Pencil Light - very pale beige, almost white. This one looks the most natural on the eyes.
3. Rimmel ScandalEyes Khol Kajal Nude - medium nude with peachy/warm undertone.
All these nudes have a matte finish.
Best formula: Almond Cream is the smoothest and most pigmented out of the three.
1. Rimmel ScandalEyez Bad Girl Bronze - shimmery reddish brown with gold shimmers
2. NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil French Fries - shimmery golden brown
3. Milani Shadow Eyez Brown Deluxe - shimmery bronze
4. Sally Hansen Forever Stay Eye Pencil Chocolate Brown - matte dark brown
5. Urban Decay 24/7 Whiskey - matte brown with a slight red undertone
6. NYX Retractable Eyeliner Bronze - dark brown with pink shimmers
7. NYX Slide On Golden Bonze - shimmery reddish brown with a metallic finish
8. Rimmel ScandalEyez Kohl Kajal Taupe - medium taupe
9. Ulta Eye Crayon Toasted - Shimmery Bronze, spot on dupe for Brown Deluxe (#3)
10. Milani Shadow Eyez Espresso Line - dark matte brown Creamier and darker than Chocolate Brown (#4)
11. Milani Shadow Eyez Cafe au Lait - medium matte cool toned brown.
Dupes: Milani Shadow Eyez Brown Deluxe (slightly more golden) and Ulta Eye Crayon Toasted Shimmery Bronze. The Ulta Eye Crayon was part of a holiday set and I don't think they sell this shade on its own.
Best Formula: Rimmel, Milani
Gold Eye Pencils
1. NYX Slide On Glitzy Gold - shimmery greenish gold
2. Milani Liquif'Eye Gold - shimmery antique gold. Very close to Glitzy Gold but shinier and more metallic.
3. Milani Shadow Eyez Golden Bronze - shimmery golden peachy gold. Not sure if that make sense.
4. NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil Gold - shimmery golden bronze. Not a true gold. It's a bit too orange.
Best formula: Milani.
Whewww...I think I'm done!
Do you own any of these? Thoughts? Know any dupes to these liners?