I'll need to work on some more reviews this weekend. I'm running behind schedule again. It's been a hectic day at work...Well more like a pretty busy week for me. I didn't get home until 9 pm tonight and couldn't finish and run my reports so Boss Lady isn't going to happy when she finds out tomorrow morning but there was no way I was going to finish it tonight without camping at work. They don't want to pay me OT so that means I'll probably get to leave early tomorrow. Early dismissal might be the highlight of my week.
Anyhow, this is the review for the concealer I've been using pretty much every day since I got it.
- Jumbo retractable pencil with a pointy tip. The tip is perfect for precision but eventually that's going to wear off and I haven't figured out how to keep it pointy. Otherwise, I really like this kind of packaging because it's convenient and easy to use.
- I like the ridges on the cap. You can feel it click when you put the cap back on and I think it's a pretty neat way to keep the cap secure.
- .1 oz or 2.8 g
- I got the shade light/neutral. There is two kind of light shade. One with cool neutral and one with warm undertone. I think it's nice that they did that because some concealers are too yellow for me and it looks weird. The light was a bit too light for me and that's another problem I run into sometimes because I can be between shades if they don't have that many color selection but if use it under foundation or with a powder over it, I can make it blend with my skintone.
- The texture is very creamy and decently pigmented. I like that it sets fairly quickly after applied so make sure you blend it as soon as you apply it.
- Lately, I've been breaking out, one pimple after another which left some nasty scars behind. I'm usually not acne prone but who knows. Perhaps it's the new samples that I've been dabbing on my face but stress may also be the culprit. This concealer does a pretty good job at covering up those scars but I can't use it alone since it's too light. It also minimized redness when my pimple was still inflamed.
- I tried using it for covering dark circles and it covered well but might not work for everyone, especially if you have dry skin or mature skin. I prefer liquid concealer for that area.
- Another thing worth mentioning is that it also lasted well throughout the day. As long as I don't rub my fingers on the areas where I applied it, it won't budge or disappear.
It's got a convenient packaging. It's creamy and great for spot concealing. It might not cover major skin problems but for the occasional stubborn pimple and scars, I find that it helped for me. It covers well and last through the day. I really wished they had more colors though. They have light, medium, and deep with neutral and warm shades. Finding the right shade might be difficult if you're between colors.
Availability: Walgreens, CVS, Wal-Mart
Tried it? Tell me what you think of it or which is your favorite spot concealer?
|I used a powder over the concealer in order to blend it with my skin tone.|