|Stargazer, Galaxy, Big Bang|
About a week or two ago, I came across these new Rimmel Show Off lip lacquers, also formerly known as the Apocalips. I actually like that name better but that was for the UK version. I wonder why they changed the name for the US version.
There was a nice range of colors to choose from...between nudes, mauves, plums, corals, pink, and reds. There's something for everyone. I have a fairly large collection of lip products so I try my best not to haul an entire collection, unless I can justify the splurge for it. Well, in this case, I was just curious to try them because of the raves I've heard about them on the Blogosphere world so I just had to try some so that I won't feel left out.
- They come in lipgloss tubes and a multi-faceted cap that looks like some kind of rock or stone formation. Nothing fancy but cool to say the least.
- They also have a doe foot applicator with a dent in the middle, which I find helpful at scooping up the lip color.
- I should've probably taken pictures of it but one cool feature about the packaging is that when the product is fresh and brand new, there's a clear gap at the neck of the tube. Once you remove the wand, that clear area fills up with the product so that is a way you can tell if the product is fresh or has been tempered with. I absolutely hate it when people swatch or mess with products, especially if it is the last one on the shelf and I want to buy it.
|Stargaze, Galaxy, Big Bang|
Stargazer is a sheer shimmery golden nude. I was expecting this one to be more saturated but it's still pretty nonetheless. Would make a nice topper for another lipsticks or great paired with a bolder eye look.
Galaxy is a mauvy plum with a bit of shimmer in it. It's almost opaque but not quite. Really love this color. Very daytime and office friendly.
Big Bang is just straight up a wow in your face kind of red. It's actually a neutral red but for some reason, it seems to look a little warm on me. It's incredibly saturated. The last time I had anything this pigmented was reminiscent of Chanel Rouge Allure Laque Coromandel, which I believe is now discontinued. It's definitely a show stopper and I'm surprisingly impressed with the pigmentation on this one.
|Coromandel has warm undertone, whereas Big Bang is neutral. Both has amazing pigmentation.|
- I found that the pigmentation varied between shades. Big Bang was definitely the most pigmented and it stained also. Galaxy the second most pigmented, and Stargazer is semi sheer. They are advertised are intense rich color but that is not true to all the shades.
- They also have a nice glossy shine to them.
- These definitely gets on your teeth and it's especially noticeable if you wear brighter or deeper colors so you want to make sure you check your teeth occasionally to avoid embarrassing colored teeth.
- The formula is nice, non-sticky, comfortable, and surprisingly moisturizing.
- I got up to 4 hours of wear without a meal before the color starts to fade.
- They have a bit of a melon fruity scent to it. It's not too strong and non-offensive.
I like the formula, especially the fact that I found it to be quite moisturizing and the wear was fairly good. Aside from the packaging, the formula has a high-end quality feel to it and I am especially impressed with the pigmentation of Big Bang. I wished the pigmentation was more consistent across the board because I was actually expecting all of these to be extremely pigmented. Nonetheless, I think overall these are nice especially for the price.
Availability: Walgreens and select drugstores.
Tried it? What do you think of them?