We had snow today. I have never seen snow in April for as long as I've lived in Wisconsin so this is the first. Secondly, I just learned today that one of my co-worker resigned. She called in sick last week. Then she was scheduled to be off on vacation. Then she called again when she was supposed to be back from vacation and said she had surgery while she was on vacation. She was a no show today again and when we asked HR if they heard anything, they told us she decided to quit. I didn't see that one coming. Then we realized that she had cleaned up her desk before she went AWOL on us so yeah, don't even try to make up a sob story and try to make me believe that it wasn't planned ahead. I was pretty disappointed that she didn't have the courtesy to give us a two weeks notice or even mention that she was thinking about quitting for personal reasons. So unprofessional. Now, I'm down another staff and a manager. My desk is a mess. I have no room for the extra work and I'm annoyed cause this feels so unfair and it sucks.
Anyways, on the bright side, I did my taxes and I'm waiting on a fat check. What do you do with yourself when you're overworked?
With no further ado, here's my review of the new NYX Infinite Shadow Stick I tested out.
- This cream eyeshadow/liner comes in a jumbo pencil packaging. I wished they made these retractable or used wood. The packaging is made out of plastic and you need to use a pencil sharpener. I didn't have too much trouble sharpening it but you do need to apply a bit more force/pressure than you normally would if it was made of wood.
- .19 oz or 5.27 g
- Rose Gold is a pretty good name for this shade because it does remind me of rose gold.
- The first thing I noticed about this shadow stick is that it isn't as creamy as their jumbo eyeshadow pencils. It felt a bit dryer. It does tug a bit when I try to apply it all over my lid but not as much when I use it as a liner.
- It swatches beautifully on my arm but on the lid, it's different because the skin in the eye area is more sensitive and flexible so it doesn't go on as smoothly and as pigmented on the eye due to the drier formula.
- It last fairly well. I wore it for 10 hours and noticed a bit of fading but didn't experience any creasing even without a primer
I'm rather disappointed in these new Infinite Shadow Stick. They look really cool in the packaging and most of the shade they had available looked appealing. Sadly, I wished the formula was creamier and applied smoother on the lid.
Availability: Ulta, NYX Cosmetics