My sister had her baby yesterday and we are planning a visit to see the new addition to the family. I'm excited and can't wait to see how she looks like.
A little while ago, I spotted this set at TJ Maxx and couldn't help myself but wanting it. After all I got it for a pretty reasonable price. It was just under $5 if my memory serves me well.
- This set comes with 3 full size jumbo eyeshadow pencils. The colors are from the permanent range so you should be able to purchase them individually if you wish so.
- I am quite impressed with the packaging. Looks nice and the pencils are retractable so no sharpening will be needed.
- .11 oz or 3 g
- Little Miss Thing is a shimmery light peachy beige. The color payoff isn't that great and seem to just vanish on my skin tone and adding a shiny finish.
- Turkish Coffee is a shimmery slightly warm medium/dark brown. Pigmentation was good with this shade.
- Rock Out is a medium shimmery pewter with a slight green under tone. Pigmentation was also good with this shade.
- These shadow pencils are very creamy so they apply and blend easily. The problem I have with that is they don't set and with that they crease easily and quickly. The only way I was able to put them to use is to first prime my eyes with a reliable eyeshadow primer, apply the ELF shadow pencil, and then set it with a powder eyeshadow. When used this way, they last about 5 hours before they start fading and creasing.
They are creamy, decently pigmented (depending on the shade), and blend easily. They are best used as base and in combination with a primer and powder eyeshadow. I would skip Little Miss Thing, just cause the color pay off is just not good at all. I wished they lasted a little longer.
Price: $2.00 each