I've been testing this lip balm for the past few days and I'm ready to review. For the record, the lip balm was sent to me by Influenster for testing and review purposes. This does not affect or change the way I truly feel about the product.
- Nothing fancy about the packaging but my favorite part is definitely the apple shape at the center of the balm. It add some cuteness to it.
- .12 oz or 35 g
- I have the shade Big Apple Red, which is a sheer pinkish red tinted lip balm.
- Because this product is marketed as a lip balm, I was expecting it to be sheer. However, this particular shade has enough color to give my lips a subtle hint of color.
- Contains shea butter, jojoba, and avocado oil.
- The color lasts about 1-2 hours and the hydration last up to 3 hours, which is fairly standard for a lip balm in my opinion.
- It applies smoothly and has that nice balmy hydrating feel. Texture is not too light or too heavy and adds just a bit of shine.
- It has an artificial candy apple scent to it. Not the most delicious apple scent I've smelled but certainly not offensive either.
Overall, I enjoyed using this tinted balm. It's great for every day wear and it's moisturizing enough to keep my lips comfortable for a few hours. It gives me a natural my-lip-but-better look so I don't have to reach for another lip product if I don't feel like it or don't have the time to. If you like tinted lip balms, I think you'll like this one.
Suggested retail price: $2.99
Available at NewYorkColor.com, Rite Aid, CVS, Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, and Duane Reade.