Wasn't too bad of a Monday. Time flies when I'm busy, which I always am anyways but it can drag when I'm feeling sleepy or tired. I don't know about you but I love emerald green and since this is the color of the year, I thought why not put together products and swatches for you.
- NYX For Eye Color Brown. There's a total of 10 eyeshadows in the little palette but there is a ligtht shimmery emerald. It looks a lot lighter swatched than it does in the pan.
- Wet N Wild I <3 Matte. This was limited edition and was recently re-released as Drinking A Glass of Shine. I don't think you can find these in stores anymore but you can get them on Amazon and Ebay.
- Wet N Wild Pride. This is discountinued as well. The green on both Wet N Wild palette looks identical, but I feel that the color in the Pride palette seems to have a softer and smoother texture. This can also can be found on Amazon and Ebay.
- Coastal Scents Creative Me #1 palette. CM11 looks a bit bluer than CM12.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Edgy Emerald. Leans more teal on the swatch but you can actually make it look emerald on the eyes when blended with other shadows.
I have a couple other shadows that leans more green and emerald but they were limited edition and hard to find so I decided not to include them with these swatches. If you own the 120 eyeshadow palettes, there's a few emerald green eyeshadows in there too but I'm not really loving the formulation of the shadows in the 120 palettes.
- Wet N Wild Mega Liner Turquoise. I haven't used this liner in a while and the one I have is drying out but this is actually a perfect shimmery emerald eyeliner. Pigmentation is nice and last fairly well. This is another great budget-friendly liner.
- Make Up Forever Aqua Liner #4 is slightly bluer and slightly more pigmented than the next two liners but they are surprisingly very similar that you honestly won't need all three.
- Milani Ultra Fine Emerald Glisten. A lovely shimmery sparkly deep emerald liner. Looks a lot more emerald in person.
- NYX Glam Liner Aqua Luxe Glam Lagoon. This is the cheapest of the three.
- Milani Shadow Eyez Green Safari. This is a great emerald shadow/liner that honestly won't budge until you take it off.
|The three liner swatches in the center are very good dupes to each other. They look more emerald in person than they do on the picture.|
So they all appeared like a good shade of emerald in the bottle but once I swatched them, it was a totally different story.
The ones that look closest to emerald green is
- China Glaze Running in Circles - vibrant shimmery emerald
- Revlon Posh - bright emerald cream
- Orly Mermaid Tale - glitzy emerald glitters
- Color Club Holiday Splendor - leans a bit bluer but still has that emerald quick to it and lots of sparkling holographic glitters.
OPI Jade is the new black - a bit too dark to be a true emerald
Zoya Frida - A little too dark and blue
Essie Going Incognito - too dark
Milani Neon Fresh Teal - too teal, too light, and blue. I can't believe I didn't swatch this polish yet!
Do you have any emerald makeup you would like to recommend? Which of these emerald do you like best?