I've been using a few of Lush products but surprisingly, I probably only reviewed 1/3 of the products I tried. I've determined that I don't like Lush's fresh masks so much, mainly due to their strong scent and the fact that they only have a week shelf life. Strong scents on my face just don't work. Even if the scent is nothing offensive, I can get a headache and nauseated by it. When I came across the Mask of Magnaminty, I didn't think the scent was too overpowering and since it had a longer shelf life, I decided to give it a try.
- Comes in a big black container that is recyclable. If you return 5 of these to Lush, you can exchange it for a free fresh mask.
- I've got the 11.1 oz container, which is a pretty generous amount but it also comes in 4.4 oz
- The mask is thick and has a fresh minty scent. It tingles a bit but it's not too harsh or painful. It contains peppermint oil, kaolin, and adzuki beans.
- As I mentioned earlier, the scent isn't too overpowering, not the most delectable scent out there, but I was able to handle it for the time it had to sit on my face.
- You don't need to refrigerate and it can be kept for a few months but I like to store it in the fridge anyways because I personally like it when it is cool.
- Apply to clean dry skin. Avoid eyes and mouth. Leave for 10 minutes and wash away with warm water.
- It feels a bit tight as it dries on my face but once I rinse it off my skin doesn't feel tight or dry and it does a good job at absorbing the oil on my T-zone. My skin feels very refreshed and clean after use.
- The only thing I didn't enjoy are the adzuki beans. They don't do much as I put the mask. Because the mask is so thick, I feel like they just get in the way. They are hard to rinse off and I have to rub them really hard and they kind of get all over the sink too. The good thing is that they don't scratch or irritate my skin, they're just annoying to get off.
I like the cooling and refreshing effect of the mask. I feel like it does a good job at cleansing without drying out my skin. However, trying to rinse off those annoying beans make my skincare routine less enjoyable. I wished I had gotten the smaller container but they didn't have it at the time I made my purchase. I feel like it's taking me way too long to try to finish this product.
Available at Lush.