Happy Memorial weekend everyone! With all these sales going on, I don't know where I'm going to shop but if anything I'll might do some shopping online due to my weak ankle. My sister wanted to go see the Fast and Furious movie so that's probably on the agenda this weekend too.
This is a product that I received a while back when I was subscribed to MyGlam and still haven't reviewed it. I'm trying to review stuff I've forgotten about.
- Roll on shimmer tube. First, I am not a fan of the packaging. I much prefer to dip my brush into jar rather than rolling lose powders on my skin and hoping I don't create a mess in the process. I have no clue on how to depot the pigments out of there without hurting myself.
- The roller ball can only allow you to deposit the pigment. It really doesn't give you much control and you'd still need a brush to blend out the color.
- .052 oz or 1.5 g
- Quite honestly, there's a couple of things about this product that turned me off from the get-go.
- (1) the packaging.
- (2) the color. It's not something I would have personally picked out myself.
- Onyx has a dark base and lots of sparkling teal and pink shimmers. The lovely colored shimmers fades and dissipate as you blend the color. Surprisingly, I didn't really get much fall out when I was playing with it. Perhaps because I worked with caution but it can certainly get messy. The pigmentation was pretty good to say the least.
- Best way to apply
- must use a primer
- dab your brush on the roller ball and pick up as much pigment as you can and pat it on your lid.
- Gently blend the rough edges
- Directly dab the roll to the area where you need or want more intensity.
- I didn't have any problem with the wear when used with a good primer.
- It's marketed as use for eyes, face, and body. Hmm...I'm not sure if I'd want to use these on my body. Bottom line is they are super shimmery so they might come in handy if you plan to look like a shimmer goddess or a fantasy creature.
The packaging and the shimmers is going to be a hit or miss depending on your preference and your intended use for this product. Loose powders are always a bit harder to work with. Otherwise, pigmentation and color is good for this product. On a personal note, the packaging is what I disliked the most.
Availability: Ulta, nyxcosmetics.com