Another tiring day but TGIF! Last night, after I came home from work, kicked off my work clothes, I passed out on the couch before I even got a chance to eat supper. Then woke up around 10 pm and was up till 1 am, then back to sleep again. Yeah, I'm weird like that, that's why I'm always tired.
I've been trying out this new lippie from Hard Candy for the past few days so I'm ready for a review.
- Jumbo twist up lip pencil
- .11 oz or 3.2 g
- Mauveous is a pinkish red gloss that reminds me of strawberry smoothie.
- It feels like a lightweight gel and applies smoothly. It's conditioning like a balm but with a little more slip to it and has the shine of a gloss. Looks very lovely when freshly applied.
- It's quite pigmented
- The formula feels comfortable on the lips but the shine doesn't last very long, like 2 hours at the most. Once the shine disappears, it loses its hydrating effect.
- It leaves a good stain behind that last for hours but I did notice that as the stain fades, it starts to look patchy.
- It has a sweet marshmallow scent with a bit of waxy scent. Not something I like but it's not overpowering and it seems to fade after 15 minutes or so.
I wished that the shine and hydrating effect lasted a bit longer. Otherwise, color and pigmentation is fairly good. Stains for a few hours but as the day progresses the stain looks patchier and lips look drier. Personally, I like it but don't love it. Scroll further down to see the lip swatch on my face.
Available at Wal-Mart
Now for the eyeshadows, I used exclusively theBalm Meet Matte Nude palette, which I reviewed HERE.
- MAC Lady blush
- Tarte Park Ave Princess bronzer
- Benefit Watt's Up
- theBalm Meet Matte Nude palette: Matt Hung on lids, Matt Singh on crease, Matt Johnson on outer V and lower lash line, Matt Aloy on brow bone.
- Physicians Formula Eyebooster Ultra Black on upper lash line
- Rimmel ScandalEyes Shadow Stick Bulletproof Beige on lower lash line
- Revlon Brow Fantasy dark brown on brows
- Hard Candy All Glossed Up Hydrating Lip Stain Mauveous
Have a happy and wonderful mother's day weekend.