I think after acquiring this shade, I'm pretty content with my emerald green collection. Cherry Culture was having a huge sale on NYX a little while ago, and I just had to jump on the opportunity. I particularly find the NYX single eyeshadows better in pigmentation and texture as compared to their other eyeshadows so when I saw Lake Algae, I knew I had to try it.
- Fairly simple, sturdy, and practical with a convenient see through cover.
- .09 oz or 2.7g
- Lake Algae is a gorgeous bright emerald green matte eyeshadow. Definitely a true emerald. I don't have anything like it in my stash, particularly as a matte eyeshadow.
- Pigmentation was excellent and the shadow is soft and buttery. It is does get powdery so I would suggest you pat for application and use a gentle swiping motion when blending to minimize fall out.
- I was surprising pleased when I found how easy it was to apply and blend this eyeshadow. Matte eyeshadows typically have a reputation for being difficult to apply and blend as they tend to be drier and stiffer. I did not have any of these issues with this shade.
- You do need to pair a good primer with this eyeshadow but personally I wear a primer in most cases. I do not want to take any chances with creasing and fading.
If you're looking for a true emerald matte eyeshadow or if you're still on the color of the year kick, you need to try this. Aside from the slightly powdery texture, the pigmentation and application was excellent with a price that won't put a big dent in your wallet. I love this color on brown eyes.
Availability: Cherry Culture
For this simple yet stunner look all I did was:
- Prep lid with Urban Decay Primer Potion original
- Apply Lake Algae all over lids and going slightly over my crease. I purposely left the edge unblended. I think this look will be flattering for hooded lids and monolids.
- Lined the upper lash line with Physicians Formula Eyebooster Ultra Black
- Lined the lower lash line with Milani Shadow Eyez Royal Purple
- Lined the waterline with Prestige Total Intensity Powerful Purple
What do you think of this color? Would you try it?