I cannot wait for the end of Friday...Almost there. I always get excited when it's close to the weekends. I'm pretty sure you all do too. I have lots of photos and no reviews. I was supposed to work on some reviews last night but I passed out early, napped for 3 hours...then woke up...then couldn't sleep and stayed up pretty much all night. Slept a couple hours and it was time to get up for work. I did not want to get up.
I should've done my reviews last night but instead, I realized that I left my nail swatch gallery in the back burner...Yeah, I'm still working on that and I don't think I'm half way there yet. It's a big project and I might have to retake some swatches...but that's what I did for the rest of the time I was awake last night.
Anyhoo...that's beside the point. I gotta get this review rolling. I purchased this Stila lip pencil a couple weeks ago at Ulta. What grabbed my interest about these lippies is that the sale associate told me they glow in the dark...well technically under black light but I didn't know that until after I had already bought it. Slapped it on at night, hoping it will glow but didn't. It's a cool thing for you party people but even if you're not planning on wearing this under black light, it's still nice for day time wear too.
Here's what Stila says about these lip pencils
Dazzle by day and glow by night. Stila’s black light responsive lip color contains florescent pigments that are three times brighter than conventional colors, creating a vibrant pop of color in the sunlight. Once the sun goes down, black light sensitive pigments cause the product to glow when exposed to ultraviolet (UV) light.
Features & Benefits:
- Medium, buildable coverage with staining properties for lasting color
- Sunflower seed oil nourishes and moisturizes, while oat kernel extract soothes and calms the lips
- Algae extract helps retain moisture and contains antioxidant benefits
- Glycerin attracts water from the environment and the lower layers of the skin increasing hydration levels
- Natural blend of waxes deliver a creamy, easy-to-apply consistency
- Vitamins C & E provide antioxidant benefits
- Cherry flavored
- This lip color comes in a retractable jumbo lip pencil packaging similar to the Revlon Balm Stains.
- .10 oz or 2.9 g
- Vivid Violet is a bright magenta purple. I absolutely love the color. Reminiscent of MAC Violetta but without the blue sheen.
- The color is buildable and you can wear it sheer or layer it for more intensity. I really like that versatility. On the swatches, I'm wearing it to its full potential. It's not completely opaque but nearly there.
- It feels balmy but not slippery and has a subtle shine. The color can look a little patchy if you look up close, otherwise it's not really that obvious.
- It also stains which makes the color long-wearing. It wears up to 6 hours before I notice signs of fading. That's pretty awesome I think.
- I found the formula fairly hydrating. It did keep my lips comfortable for those first 6 hours.
- I can detect a subtle sweet cherry scent. I like it.
I'm a little sad that I didn't get a chance to test this lippie under black light, it would have been so cool. Otherwise, as a regular lip color, I really enjoyed the color, the long-wear, and the staining capability. I also appreciate that it kept my lips hydrated for a fairly long time too.
Availability: Stila, Sephora
What do you think of this lip color?