I received this hair product through Influenster in their Spring VoxBox and I'm ready to tell you what I think of it. I'm typically not too high maintenance when it comes to hair. I can do make up and nails but I don't know what to do with my hair for the life of me so my haircare routine is usually pretty simple..Shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner or argan oil, and a bit of hair spray, is pretty much what I use on the regular. Being introduced to a totally new and different hair product was interesting.
- Red bottle with a powder sifter top.
- I'm gonna be honest, at first I felt really awkward dusting powder on my hair. I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out so I was a bit worried but what I noticed is that as soon as the powder comes in contact with my hair, it magically disappear in it.
- I noticed that the powder gives my hair body, thickness, and texture, which I thought was great since my hair usually falls flat most the time.
- There's a couple things that I didn't like though. It made my hair feel sticky and I don't like the feel of it when I run my fingers through my hair. Secondly, I've noticed that if the powder gets on my scalp, it crystallized and build up on my skin. The thought of it grossed me out.
- As advertised, it does give light control and mattifies your hair, which might be good if your hair is very oily, but otherwise, who doesn't want shiny hair?
I think the stickiness and the build up was a turn off for me, otherwise it does amp the body, texture, and thickness of my hair but I don't love it enough to actually purchase the product, unfortunately. I wouldn't mind trying out other products from the line though. This just doesn't appeal to me. If you don't mind a bit of stickiness, you might like this.
Price: $23.50 for a the full size product
What do you use to give your hair body?
Dust It Powder on my hair. Had to tease hair to get a voluminous effect. Otherwise, my hair can get pretty dull and flat.