Happy Hump day!
I cannot believe that the month of June is almost over. I have nothing planned for the summer and I better think of something to do before it's gone. I have over 100 hours of vacation I need to put to use. Thinking about it just makes me realize how I'm always working and hardly ever take some time off. I don't know if I'm just getting old or what. I just don't know how to have fun anymore. I told my kids to go figure what they want me to do with them for the summer cause I'm too pooped after work to plan a vacation, lol. How are you spending your summer?
I've been into bright colors lately. Therefore, I have a bright colored pencil review for you today...
- Jumbo pencil that requires sharpening. I definitely prefer my cream eyeshadow in a pencil form. It's very convenient and practical. It can also act line a liner.
- .18 oz or 5 g
- My previous jumbo eye pencils all have cracked caps so I wish NYX would reinforce the caps cause they break so easily.
- Cucumber is a bright chartreuse cream color with a fairly good pigmentation. It's a great base to add a little more punch to a similar eyeshadow color.
- It feels creamy and applied very smoothly without pulling or tugging. It was also very easy to blend and allows you plenty of play time for that.
- NYX jumbo eye pencils work best as eyeshadow base and with the use of a good primer. Otherwise on their own they don't work very well and are prone to creasing and fading.
Great as a base to bring out the color and intensity of your eyeshadows but not so great on its own as it can crease and fade easily. One thing I love about these jumbo pencils is that they come in so many colors. I really wish NYX would reformulate them for better wear cause if they did, oh boy! They could potentially blow other brands out of the water but I wonder why they haven't tried.