The long weekend gave me plenty of time to relax and catch up on my blog. My sister even nagged me for blogging and tells me I should spend time with my kids on my day off. I was like watchu tryna say girl and why you be all up in my business? I don't go around and tell her what she should be doing with her kids. Hmm...wait, I did tell her she should take them out to play at the park sometimes because she always keep them at home. She replied that she doesn't want to cause they might catch germs and get sick. Ok, I guess we're even, LOL...Aya family! I swear my younger siblings talk to me like they are my parents. Well, enough of that family business...They can be annoying but you still gotta love them.
I had to stop by Walgreens the other day to pick up some mayo and as usual I'm always checking out the beauty isle for new beauty products. I saw some new limited edition Color Whisper. Didn't think I needed them but when I saw Coral Tease, I felt like I should give it a try.
- Sleek and slim lipstick tube with a semi-transparent cover.
- Net weight is .11 oz or 3 g
- Coral Tease isn't really something I would describe as a coral but I can see how the warm red color would contribute to it. I would describe the shade as a coppery warm red with fine bronze and copper shimmers/glitters.
- I don't really feel the glitters when I'm wearing the lipstick but I do feel its grittiness during application.
- The shade is semi-transparent yet still yield a fairly good color payoff.
- The formula doesn't feel as slick as the other shades I've tried, probably because of the glitters. The application is not quite even but that's not very noticeable unless you stare really closely at it.
- I found it to be somewhat hydrating and comfortable but certainly not drying.
- I get about 3 hours of wear with this shade before it starts fading.
- It has a subtle sweet artificial scent. I didn't find it offensive but that's subjective.
Lasting power is average. Formula and pigmentation is fairly good. I don't really like the grittiness of the glitters when I'm applying it, otherwise I don't really feel them when I'm wearing it. I definitely prefer these Color Whispers sans shimmers. However, if you like the shade, I think it's worth a try. It would be a nice one for summer and fall.