This month's BBHQ task is to discuss about inspiration for our blog. When it comes to reviews, I always have plenty of stuff to review and in most cases, I can't review them all because I tend to bite more than I can chew with my hauls. This year, I'm gonna need to slow the ropes on the hauling and spending. I have some added priorities on my list and I really need to get this under control.
I don't know about you guys but I know I'm running low on inspiration when it comes to makeup looks especially because I like being original and with so many things out there, I find that hard. I'd love to come up with more intricate and runway looks but at the same time, I get the feeling that most people don't really care for that since the majority wouldn't actually wear them out anyways. In my mind, it's not always about being able to wear it out but more like owning the look, showing some creativity, convey a different mood and persona on my face...expressing my alter ego, if that makes sense. I'm very versatile when it comes to makeup but I'm curious to know your thoughts and why you prefer certain looks over others.
|This makeup look was inspired by MissChievous. I actually wore this on Halloween a few years ago. Again, that was before I started blogging so this was never posted here before.|
What inspires you to blog and/or vlog?
- First, it's the love for all things beautiful. Not in a vain kind of way because I know that beauty is not just something that is seen but it's a substance more profound that also must be felt and shared with others.
- Secondly, I see beauty as an Art. A way to convey and to express your own individuality and inner beauty through creative mediums.
Share some of your favorite blogs to read for inspiration?
- I typically prefer to read blogs about beauty reviews because the most fun I have here is to discover and try out new products. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy looking at creative makeups and nails as well. When I see something interesting, I mainly focus my attention on the color coordination that was used. Sometimes the technique, depending on what it is and then I try to do my own spin on it. I especially admire and appreciate people who are creative, have a unique style, and can make anything look good. That's a talent only a few people have.
- While there are some well-established and popular blogs out there that I'm sure many of us already follow, I follow a lot of blogs because the bigger the network, the more variety and exposure I have to new products and ideas. There are many great bloggers who don't have a lot of followers but have something good to bring to the table. Typically, what usually draws me to a blog is honest and clear contents, enough details about the product, good pictures, and good people skills. The friendlier the person, the more likely I am to visit their page. I especially appreciate it when a blogger responds to my questions or comments that I leave on their blog. Some of my favorite blogs are listed on the left panel of my blog. Please show them some love and visit their blogs as well :).
Share some of your favorite Youtube channels to watch for inspiration?
- At the moment, I rarely watch YouTube for inspiration to be honest. Yes, in the past I did because I wanted to learn how to apply makeup because I had no clue how to.
- Whenever I resort to YouTube, it's usually for reviews or DYI stuff. I don't really have a go-to channel. I just look up for what I'm looking for.
What are your favorite magazines to browse for inspiration?
- I actually don't look at magazines for inspiration but perhaps I should.
How do you organize your inspiration? Pinterest board, notebook, sketchpad, etc.?
- I guess it's safe to say that I'm not very organized. I like to be original so sometimes I have a vague idea or picture in my head but I'm still not too sure how to execute it. I would then google for inspirations but still want to create my own. I think Pinterest is also a great source for inspiration. It's so easy to use, I love the layout, and I can pin any picture I like for future reference.
What motivates you to continue blogging and/or vlogging?
- Passion is my motivation. I LOVE what I do, simple as that. I love the excitement of discovering a new product, especially if it turns out to be fantastic. Also my blog is a window for creativity and allows me to think about what colors or makeup looks I should do next. It keeps me occupied, it keeps me thinking. Being able to use what you have and create something intriguing or beautiful is part of the fun and what keeps me motivated :)
- **Update** One grave thing I failed to mention is that my followers, readers, and whoever visits my blogs are also one of the main reasons why I stay motivated. Knowing that I'm being heard, that people search my blog for information, ideas, or inspiration gives me a sense of purpose and accomplishment. It's very rewarding to know that I've contributed something. You guys are truly a part of the foundation that makes blogging meaningful and I wanted you all to know that.
How would you describe your style of blogging and/or vlogging, how has it changed from when you first started?
- I think my style hasn't really changed much, it is very straight-forward, provide the important details, quality images, and get to the point. Yes, sometimes I mention a few personal things here and there but I usually keep that to a minimum. Basically, when I write for my blog, I always try to look at it from a reader's point of view. I reflect on what I look for when I read reviews and blogs and then I incorporate those answers in my style.
How do you handle competitive thoughts with other bloggers/vloggers?
- I tell myself that I'm not here to compare who's better than who, who has more makeup, more followers or fans, etc...To me, blogging is not a beauty pageant or a contest. It's a hobby. I'm here mostly because I love what I do and love sharing my experience, thoughts, and opinions with others who share the same interests. We're all good people. We all have something good to offer and contribute to the beauty community. We all have a voice that can be heard. Having more followers doesn't automatically make anyone better than someone else. I understand there are a few different reasons why people blog and if fame, bragging rights, money, greed, and the freebies get to your head then you are likely going to feel the need to compete.
For fun, share some of your favorite inspiring photos (FYI, the following pictures are not mine)
I wish I could try rainbow hair but I don't think I can do it or maintain it. Her necklace is super cute!
Can someone tell me what is she wearing on her lips? OMG, that's like the perfect purple!
I'm blown away by the intricate details of this masquerade mask. I bet it took a very long time to do. There's something sexy and mysterious about masks that I find intriguing.
God I wish those were my hair! I still haven't tried ombre hair. I fail! :(
I'm totally digging the feather-like lashes here. The colors used are also gorgeous!
Still kicking myself in the butt for not trying out nail marbling yet. How awesome is this?!
Thanks for reading! Let me know what or who inspires you.