Before I get on with this review, I'd like to thank Krista @ Yahoo Fashionate for mentioning my blog on one of her recent post in regards to the L'Oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire liquid lipstick review I did a couple months ago HERE. If you're curious, you can view her post HERE.
A while ago, I purchased these Fyrinnae Lip Lustre trial size because I didn't know if I was going to like the product so I didn't want to invest on the full size just yet. I don't know what the deal is with Fyrinnae but they tend to close their website periodically. I wonder if they do so that they can catch up with their orders but that's really annoying. The good thing is the website is back up for now.
- Cute but very tiny tube.
- 1.5 ml
- Ghostly Voice is described on Fyrinnae's website as silvery steel with a greenish cast and shifts to a soft rose hue depending on the lighting. I would say silvery steel with a teal and violet duochrome. It's an interesting shade for lips but the color is sheer. I tried layering over other lipsticks and it changes the color and consistency of the lipsticks. Giving it a greyish cast and making it a bit more creamy. Personally, I prefer using it alone. It's a bit on the frosty side but it's ok because I like that its unique color. Application is a bit blotchy but since it's sheer, not that noticeable.
- Saloon Girl is a vampy brownish red. Also a bit frosty looking but doesn't bother me. This one tend to look blotchy too but if you apply carefully, it will minimize that. Color payoff is alright. I wished it was more pigmented.
- I'm not very thrilled with the uneven application but then again, just be careful during application and you can make it work. The formula is very creamy and emollient. I also find it rather moisturizing and very comfortable on the lips.
- I get around 2 hours of wear with them. They don't last very well and look even more blotchy as they fade.
- They have a sweet, almost vanilla-ish scent to them.
The bad: uneven application and short wear time.
The good: hydrating and comfortable formula. Non-offensive scent.
Overall, I don't think these work for me. $2.00 is a bit much for a tiny tube with a somewhat ok application.
Price: $2.00 for trial size, $7.00 for full size.
Ever tried Fyrinnae Lip Lustre? What is your thought on them?