What a day! Got a little shaken up this morning on our way to work with a minor car accident. A car pulled up from the Walgreen's driveway and ran into my car when he tried to make a left turn. I thought he totally effed up my car but miraculously only my tire and hubcap was scratched. He's got a dent on his bumper and broke his headlight. Could have been worst but thank God it wasn't. Still, it killed my mood for the day and I got to work late.
Other than this unfortunate event, I have a review to share about these beautiful cream eyeshdows...
- Clear plastic jar with screw top.
- .19 oz or 5.5 g
- Crusin Chic is a shimmery cool toned medium brown with a subtle gold sheen. It's a gorgeous neutral color. Definitely my favorite between the three. It applies easily and evenly and has good pigmentation.
- Ain't That Sweet is a shimmery pearlescent white with some pink shimmers in it. Very seashell like. This shade could have been a lot prettier but the pigmentation was lacking and applied slightly blotchy.
- Ocean Bound is a medium shimmery blue with a grey undertone. I felt this color was a little drier than the other two and also applied a little unevenly.
- The texture of these smudge pots is actually thin and buttery. I was a little surprised at how much slip I was getting at first but within a minute or so of applying them, they start to set, which give you plenty of time to blend and even out the application. You can apply 2 or 3 layers to even out application and build up the color without the shadow looking cakey and flaky.
- Once they set, they last up to 6 hours before showing signs of fading and that's without a primer. I experienced a bit of creasing with Ain't That Sweet but the other two colors wore just fine.
- They are easier to apply and blend with your fingers. Brushes just aren't effective with these.
Formula, consistency, and pigmentation vary a bit between the shades but overall, I was surprised they lasted up to 6 hours without creasing and smudging. I would have liked the jar to be a little more wide so that I can dip my finger in it if I wanted to but since the opening is a little narrow, I avoid doing so that I don't end up with product under my nails. I normally use a spatula and scoop a little bit at a time.
|Ain't That Sweet|
|Cruisin Chic, Ain't That Sweet, Ocean Bound|