Want to wear a dark sultry look but don't want to look Emo or Gothic? Well, it depends on how you wear it and your overall appearance. I'm pretty sure if I styled my hair differently and if I wore different clothes, I could probably pass for a totally different person.
This is a dramatic dark look that is more suitable for evenings, parties, or even Halloween which is not too long from now actually and thinking about it makes me want to do some Halloween makeup but I need to gather some ideas.
Typically, I prefer not to wear dark eye makeup with dark lips, or match my makeup with my clothes...but in this case, I did not find the main color overwhelming. I actually really like it.
- Josie Maran Bronzer
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher Nymph
- UDPP original
- I applied NYX Jumbo Pencil Black Bean over my lids and blend it out
- To soften the harsh edges and create soft gradient, I used Maybelline Infallible eyeshadow Sultry Smoke around the crease
- On the lids I applied Coastal Scents ME15, which is a shimmery plum shade, and blend it into the crease.
- For a little more definition, I added Creep from the Urban Decay Naked palette on the outer V and blend it slightly outward to elongate my eyes. I also smudged Creep into the outer lower lash line
- For the inner corners and inner part of the lower lash line, I applied Toasted from the Naked Palette
- On the brow bone, I used the matte pale pink from the Wet N Wild Lust palette for highlight
- I lined top and bottom lash line with Physicians Formula Eyebooster in Ultra Black.
- I applied Prestige Total Intensity eyeliner in Powerful Purple on my waterline.
- I used false lashes from Love & Beauty. They are very wispy and fluttery and they flick out at the outer corner, which I think is perfect for this look.
- ELF eyebrow kit for my eyebrows.
- Lancome Le Lipstique lip liner in Mauvelle
- MAC Night Violet Mattene Lipstick
- MAC Up The Amp Lipstick
I hope you enjoy this look and perhaps find some inspiration. Would you wear something like this for Halloween or other occasion?
Luuux Shared Link